Retirement Livery For Good Doers

piebaldproblems

Visit site
Posting for a friend who needs to move their horse, who's prone to laminitis but needs turnout so mostly looking for a track or equicentral setup. The aim is to find a space in the South East, ideally Herts, but the priority is finding a space by December. What would people recommend?

The following names have come up in our searches if people have experience with any of these yards:
Back on Track Retirement Livery
Field and Forest Track Livery
Graveney Equine
Hardy Hooves Barefoot track
Horse Haven
Abotts View
Stakers Gill Stud Track Livery
Welback Farm Natural Livery

Burnttoast

Visit site
My friend has her horse at Back on Track and he's doing really well. He was a previously obese horse that had been made poor (BCS 2) by stabling and severely restricting his forage intake, and they have him on ad lib hay on the track and looking like a normal horse again. I visited a couple of years ago with another friend before the track was properly set up and was really impressed. There seems to be lots of attention to detail and the track (only seen on FB though) looks amazing.

ETA the waiting list is pretty long though I think.

lilly1

Visit site
I viewed horse haven a couple of years ago when I was due to travel away for work. Took my horse with me in the end but I loved the look and feel of the place. Its very large and diverse, horses looked content and well. Option of just track or field / track combo too. Will be top of my list when the time comes to retire her.

Bobthecob15

Visit site
If you end up the other side in Herefordshire we are on livery at a yard that have lots of retirement horses who have laminitis, EMS etc and the owner is brilliant, the horses are so well looked after. We're on full livery there but the majority are retirement horses x