Retirement livery/full grass livery within 25m radius of M25

CBAnglo

Visit site
My friend's old gelding is being retired and she is looking for a retirement yard or full grass livery. Horse is in Surrey and she lives in South London, but willing to look North/East/South/West of London.

She would prefer smallish groups and no barbed wire. Horse is a 16.3hh 24 yr old WB gelding. No problems with laminitis etc just being retired due to arthritis and navicular syndrome so wants him to be out 24/7 to keep agile. She has had horse since he was 3 so wants him to go somewhere nice but unrealistic to keep him on full livery anymore (£460 pm and not really fair on him as only being hacked out 3 times a week in walk).

Thanks

SnowandSunshine

Visit site
Yard I'm at in Woldingham, Surrey does full grass resting livery. My boy is out with 5 others in huge field, ad lib haylege in winter. No man made shelters but high hedges/trees all round. They are a mix of ages though, including youngsters, no back shoes allowed. PM me if you want more info.
smile.gif

Rana

Visit site
Cullinghood near Reading do retirement livery. It's maybe a bit further (10 mins from Junction 12 of the M4) but could be worth a call. Not sure of exact details, but they have a website (google Cullinghood and it'll come up).

kinglouis

Visit site
How about this place advertised in H&H?

RETIREMENT LIVERY
Unsure what to do with your 4-legged friend we can offer a very natural and peaceful retirement. For a friendly chat plese contact Tel: (0790) 4458866. (Buckinghamshire) (P)

Price: price on application
Telephone: (0790) 4458866
County: Buckinghamshire

CBAnglo

Visit site
Thanks everyone for those suggestions - keep them coming.

If it is grass livery, she would need full grass livery i.e. someone checking on him daily, bringing him in to feed (he needs joint supplement for arthritis) and changing rugs etc. He is fine living out I think, just needs several rugs in winter to keep weight on but is a chunky type WB.

I think he has shoes on for the navicular which might be a problem then. Suppose she can speak to the yard.