Retirement livery near-ish Frome

little_critter

Visit site
I have 2 horses on full livery at the moment, 1 in work, 1 retired. The yard is lovely but my in work boy has not coped with the lack of turnout over winter (I knew there would be no turnout for the worst of winter, I hoped he’d cope better than he has)
And while my retired girl is coping ok, the setup isn’t ideal for a retired horse.

I’m considering moving, wherever I take my in work boy would need to be full livery, however I’m wondering if I should try to find retirement livery for my girl. It’s a better fit for her and also cheaper for me.

If she went on retirement livery it would have to be somewhere that can cope with good doers….she can’t just be chucked in a 20 acre field!

Any suggestions for somewhere around 30-40 mins from Frome?

SaharaS

Visit site
Nothing exciting to add..other than I'm in BA4...will keep an eye open. I could do with extra grazing for my old boy,26 yesterday, and a third horse. I have my own sole yard but it wouldnt be the right fit for us to have extras ...but i need a third so i can ride my old boy without needing the vet/fire service and a 12 ft prison fence because the other cant cope and a companion of a similar age would reduce his stress putting up with the young miscrient. Have another friend also looking for somewhere so will be in touch if something pops up. I was hoping not to move them before i sell the house....but...

little_critter

Visit site
Nothing exciting to add..other than I'm in BA4...will keep an eye open. I could do with extra grazing for my old boy,26 yesterday, and a third horse. I have my own sole yard but it wouldnt be the right fit for us to have extras ...but i need a third so i can ride my old boy without needing the vet/fire service and a 12 ft prison fence because the other cant cope and a companion of a similar age would reduce his stress putting up with the young miscrient. Have another friend also looking for somewhere so will be in touch if something pops up. I was hoping not to move them before i sell the house....but...
Thanks, I’m sorted now (both on part livery together). I saw a fb post yesterday offering grazing but no idea where is was and can’t find it now.

SaharaS

Visit site
Good to hear...hope all happy and settled.

Dont stress too much looking for it, as would need an arena and stables/barns as have other livestock..ideally need to buy to make life easier

zandp

Visit site
Good to hear...hope all happy and settled.

Dont stress too much looking for it, as would need an arena and stables/barns as have other livestock..ideally need to buy to make life easier
Have you seen the place for sale on Wiltshire Horse Riders - near Shepton - Sunnyview Farm ? I'm currently dreaming about owning it !!

SaharaS

Visit site
@zandp ...no..stop..i know..I cant look/must kot look???..need to put heart and sole into getting this ready for viewings...all my paid help have turned out to be unreliable flakes and i'm on the floor trying to do all at once....(obvs need a little lotto assistance...but still need to stop getting distracted polishing the current proverbial and just get shot of it...would take some hearty polishing to make the difference up?)