Retirement Livery South West also in regional board

mastermax

Visit site
My beautiful show horse already suffers from Navicular (sound for 4 yrs now) and hock spavin but unfortunately had an accident in January that aggrevated his already compromised hocks and the vets and I have finally made the decision he wont be ridden again or certainly needs a year off and re-assess then.
So.... I am looking for a retirement livery for him. I have seen Goodmerry farm in cornwall and Monshall in Devon both on their web sites and wondered if anyone had any recommendations please or knew of the two above. this is such a hard decision and I need to know he will be cared for. ~Thank you

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
Henry Horn does retirement livery at Narramore stud. She is moving house but her retirees are all moving with her, mine included and her new place is just as stunning. I would contact her through the narramore stud contact address.

Redders

Visit site
Used to work at goodmerry. Can recommend- beautiful land and stables for the horses. Cared for individual needs and not just treated as a herd, can be in or out etc with good sized stables. The land and area is kind of a horse paradise- varied pasture, fresh streams, boardered by woodland etc.

Starzaan

Visit site
My blind mare has been retired at Newbrook Farm in Gloucestershire and I cannot recommend them enough. They are absolutely incredible.

She is a very tricky horse with specific needs due to her blindness, and they have accommodated her so nicely and nothing is ever too much trouble. I never ever worry about her, and she is in the most stunning place. Her particular field is about twenty acres, with a woodland at the back, and stunning views. They also have a sign on the gate explaining that the horses are retired and asking passers by to phone if they have any concerns.

If you give them a call and mention that Cooly's owner recommended them, they'd love to have a chat with you. I honestly cannot speak highly enough of them, they're absolutely PERFECT.
http://www.newbrookfarmequestrian.co.uk/about.html

meesha

Visit site
Friends horse is at newbrook !!! I have visited him there and would happily send mine there if needed. Also V reasonable!! Think around £130 a month although i could be wrong!

rowan

Visit site
The Graze just outside St Austell Cornwall is first class, they have a face book page The Graze Livery. Assisted & Retirement Livery in Cornwall.

mastermax

Visit site
Thank you starzaan and meesha that sounds wonderful and will certainly have a look. My only concern would be the distance from home should I ever need to get to him quickly in an emergency but will definitely ring and find out more

meesha

Visit site
Look on Facebook they post most days, friend is hour away but it's working for her, when she goes she can spend time with him in field, ride or take him down to yard to groom etc.

Starzaan

Visit site
I'm three hours away now that I have moved away from Gloucestershire, and I'm hoping to move to Cumbria soon and would definitely leave her where she is.

I trust them absolutely with my girly, and I know she would be happy with them holding her hand in an emergency even if I couldn't get there.

I honestly cannot recommend them enough, and my god they are reasonable!

RideTheLightning

Visit site
My mare is at Goodmerry and I would highly recommend it. Each horse is treated as an individual and now mine is quite elderly she has been moved to a flatter field with more sedate companions! The owner is very experienced and keeps me up to date with how my girl is doing. I visit once a year and have always been impressed with the her condition as she had always been difficult to keep weight on.

Bertolie

Visit site
Newbrook Farm is run by friends of mine and is an amazing place! They love and care for every horse as if it were their own and it really is horsey heaven. Lovely people and a beautiful setting. It was where my boy was going to be retired to when his arthritis got too bad but cancer took him first.

ramsaybailey

Visit site
I opened this thread purely to recommend Newbrook farm before seeing your comment @vallin - I really can't fault Newbrook, the nicest people and they love and care for each horse as if their own, I call the place horsey heaven!

Beckyfx

New User
Visit site
I would not recommend Monshall Horse Retirement our horse was shot there without us being told until we tried to visit. I am appalled at this and am suspicious about what actually has happened to her as not been provided any evidence as to who shot her or what had happened to her body disposal. Shocked that this can go on and want to warn others.

Hawkings

New User
Visit site
I have messaged you. I now have a very different opinion to that listed above.

Hi, would you mind PM-ing me about your experience at Newbrook? I’m looking to move my horse away from their current retirement livery due to the same concerns a poster above has mentioned. It’s so difficult knowing who to actually trust!