retirement livery wanted in/around cheshire

throwawayaccount

Visit site
looking for a retirement livery for my mare, who is 16 hands and well behaved/generally easy to handle when she's not being boxrested :D

safe turnout is essential, as is good management who provide regular updates. i'd still like to visit her so this must be allowed.

thank you x

throwawayaccount

Visit site
Arley Moss offer retirement livery.

had a look there but they don't offer stabled livery for retired horses, despite clearly stating on the website that they do during winter. so it was pretty much a wasted drive. they don't allow you to really do anything with the horses once they're in a herd...which is fine if that's what you want, but its very limiting to only be able to interact with them in the field and not being able to bring them out at any occasion.

going to view farmhouse, that seems to tick the boxes so far!

eahotson

Visit site
had a look there but they don't offer stabled livery for retired horses, despite clearly stating on the website that they do during winter. so it was pretty much a wasted drive. they don't allow you to really do anything with the horses once they're in a herd...which is fine if that's what you want, but its very limiting to only be able to interact with them in the field and not being able to bring them out at any occasion.

going to view farmhouse, that seems to tick the boxes so far!
They do have a couple of stables for an emergency

throwawayaccount

Visit site
They do have a couple of stables for an emergency

you're correct to an extent. they have a barn to bring in for emergencies or a few makeshift stables in its own block- but they don't allow permanent use of these stables and even then, you're not supposed to do it yourself

the website itself states (under the Retirement Livery at Grass section)..
"We are also able to offer stabled full livery in the winter should you require this"

but then when I asked I was this was a completely different thing and would require a waiting list.

i'm sorted now so don't need any more suggestions, thanks all x

emfen1305

Visit site
I know this is an old thread but wanted to see if anyone had any more suggestions? I’ve emailed Cheshire retirement livery and farmhouse (would definitely be my first choice) but not heard back yet and no idea if they have wait lists. I’m not keen on arley either so if anyone has any other recommendations that would be fab!

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
I know this is an old thread but wanted to see if anyone had any more suggestions? I’ve emailed Cheshire retirement livery and farmhouse (would definitely be my first choice) but not heard back yet and no idea if they have wait lists. I’m not keen on arley either so if anyone has any other recommendations that would be fab!

Try social media messaging to contact Farmhouse - they came back to me on FB quickly. I keep in touch with them re. my retired horse there on Whatsapp - they're super responsive (but probably full).

emfen1305

Visit site
Try social media messaging to contact Farmhouse - they came back to me on FB quickly. I keep in touch with them re. my retired horse there on Whatsapp - they're super responsive (but probably full).

Thankyou! Yes they came back to me on Facebook, full with a list unfortunately but thanks!

dancingkris

Visit site
I have my boy up at Padwick Farm in Leek....he retired at the grand old age of 9 and has been there a few months. They're out in herds in summer and in for a few months over winter in barns....my boy seems to love it.....hes fat, fluffy and filthy and seems very happy and settled. Its not extortionatly expensive either and run by very nice people x

emfen1305

Visit site
I have my boy up at Padwick Farm in Leek....he retired at the grand old age of 9 and has been there a few months. They're out in herds in summer and in for a few months over winter in barns....my boy seems to love it.....hes fat, fluffy and filthy and seems very happy and settled. Its not extortionatly expensive either and run by very nice people x

Thank you! This is where Buddy will be going in a couple of weeks so maybe see you around!