Retirement Livery?

harvgj19

Visit site
Has anyone had a horse on retirement livery anywhere? I am looking into this for my horse, and was wondering if anyone has used either Monshall, in Winkleigh, Devon, or Happy Horse in Powys, Wales?

Any info appreciated, or any other suggestions? I would prefer the Devon area, but at this point anything will be considered!

Tia

Visit site
Henryhorn is in Devon and she does retirement livery, or she used to. Doubt your horse would be in better hands.
smile.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I can tell you my vet recommends Monshall, and he's very fussy about who he will do that for. It's also near enough for you to send me over to see it occasionally and email pics!
Sorry we aren't taking anymore, but I had this vision of my husband and I being cold and wet feeding and horse checking in another ten years' time and it wasn't something to look forward to ! If we say no more now, at least the oldies may die off over the next ten years...
grin.gif

harvgj19

Visit site
Thanks Henryhorn. I am just starting to enquire, as I have had about enough of paying full livery for him at my old RS. They are in no hurry to find him a new home as they are making 300 quid a month off me, and doing nothing. He is sound now, and could be used as a hack or dressage, but no jumping, and still needs to be brought back into work slowly. I have no idea if I will be able to find someone who is interested in this, so I am looking into other options.

sallypops

Visit site
send him to me!! i'm looking for a nice hacking horse to possibly do dressage on as well not interested in jumping at all. i think i'm too far away from you tho

star

Visit site
my horse is on retirement livery in Oxfordshire - he's very well looked after and happy as larry.. The yard is Touchwood Sport Horses in Faringdon, Oxfordshire.