Retirement livery

pinkiepie

Visit site
Hi,

It's not retirement livery as such I'm looking for but somewhere for my pony to spend the summer months out at grass so I've got the opportunity to travel, potentially starting a new job, I also lost my Dad a few months ago and I just need a mental break to focus on myself.

Could anybody recommend anywhere? I'd much rather go off someone's positive experience than Google. I'm in Shropshire and don't really want to have to travel more than an hour away but would for the right place.

I've found http://www.cheshireretirementlivery.co.uk/ and http://www.freshfieldsequineretirement.co.uk/ to enquire about. Has anybody heard of them?

My little man is my everything really, he's only 7, a New Forest pony who I mainly just happy hack on but I've had no luck finding a loan home so this seems like it might be a good option. I've had him since he was 10 months old and love him to bits so really want to be able to leave him somewhere with peace of mind.

If anybody can help - I would REALLY appreciate it :)

JillA

Visit site
I've got space for one. I operate a track system with checks at least daily, am in NE Shropshire near Market Drayton. You are welcome to come and take a look - it is a low stress relaxed yard with a couple of horses in work and two veteran rescues.

pinkiepie

Visit site
I've got space for one. I operate a track system with checks at least daily, am in NE Shropshire near Market Drayton. You are welcome to come and take a look - it is a low stress relaxed yard with a couple of horses in work and two veteran rescues.

Hi JillA,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you drop me a PM with your details please and any more info on the yard? Do you have a website I can take a look at? :)

Bertolie

Visit site
Newbrook Farm Equestrian in Gloucestershire. It's run by some friends of mine and is a lovely place set in beautiful countryside. I couldn't put the link to their Facebook page but if you search for them on facebook you can get all the information.

Mariposa

Visit site
Gorgeous Grazing in Cornwall. I sent a mare there to retire and she had a wonderful last few years, and we also sent the polo ponies down there for a 2 month break by the seaside, and they came back looking fabulous! I think there's something with the sea salt and minerals in the grass, as they all came back very shiny and sleek, even the old man!

They have a lovely facebook page and update it most days, and the owner - Kim - is a truly lovely lady.

https://www.facebook.com/GorgeousGrazing
http://www.gorgeousgrazing.co.uk/

pinkiepie

Visit site
Thank you for all your replies :)

I'm still keeping my options open and just waiting for responses from Arley (3 days since I e-mailed...) before I start thinking seriously. Unfortunately, Cornwall and Devon are going to be too far for me :(

I've heard back from Cheshire Retirement Livery but came across a topic on them on here from a while ago and got the impression not everyone had had a positive experience? Could anybody tell me anything else about them?

fishy

Visit site
I had my mare at Cheshire retirement livery for 3 months, where she was turned away after treatment for psd. She was very happy there and I was regularly updated on how she was doing by email, texts and with photos. I regularly went to visit without warning and was always made welcome. Give Jane a ring and go and see them then make your mind up. X

Mariposa

Visit site
I think people will always have different opinions and experiences, like fishy says you really have to go and see for yourself. Good luck and hope you find the right place!