Retrained Thoroughbreds Needed for Dissertation

RBoulert

New User
Visit site
Hi all,

I am MSc Equine Science student studying at the Royal Agricultural University (RAU) who is looking for help enrolling retrained Thoroughbreds (TB's) into my study.

In brief, the aim of my study is to compile templates of physical characteristics for retired and retrained TB's competing successfully in their secondary career, in order to identify any key physical characteristics that confer success in particular disciplines.

Markers will be placed on key anatomical structures and both manual measurements will be taken and photographs from the left and right sides, in front, from behind and above (to identify hip displacement) will be analysed using computer software to calculate limb angles.

The horses must have raced in the UK and ideally have been competing in their new career for a minimum of one season. They should be affiliated with ROR/BD/BS/BE/TARRA or an appropriate governing body.

This study is hopefully going to aid the retraining of future ex-racehorses and ensure that they are rehomed to owners who understand their physical abilities and where these horses may successful in future.

For further information please feel free to email or call (details below).

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Rebecca Boulert

Rebecca.Boulert@student.rau.ac.uk

Dumbo

Visit site
Try posting on the ROR Facebook group. I'm sure there will be a few people happy to help out :)