Reworded post about how much ....

millies

Visit site
Ok il try again as my post was deleted as it was too much like an ad....
Unfortunately I have to sell Millie due to lack of time really and she's already wasted, in terms of her potential, with me.

I have a vague idea of what to advertise her at but I'm also contemplating the idea of having my instructor school her a few times a week and deal with potential buyers etc as I don't think I can face it.

Ideally I'd like her sold in the next month or two so I appreciate this isn't a very long time. Would it be worth my instructors time coming out to school her and what not a few times a week then taking a percentage of her sale after ? What percentage would you think fair ?
How much value would having her professionally schooled for a short period of time add? Would I be better off just selling her ad she is ?

humblepie

Visit site
Didn't see your other post so no idea about your horse or what stage she is at but if you think it would help to have her schooled and get your instructor to deal with buyers, my route would be just paying your instructor an hourly rate. "vet" as far as any possible buyers before they come to look at your horse by sending extra photos or a video to try to avoid wasting time and money. I personally wouldn't go down the percentage route, far too complicated.

millies

Visit site
The problem is I can't really afford to pay at an hourly rate, well I could but I wouldn't be able to afford to pay for the time she'd need to make a significant improvement.
Ideally I'd rather someone else vetted any potential buyers as I just don't think I can face doing it.
I don't know how much I can write without having my post deleted again but the horse is a 6 year old but training wise is a bit behind but has potential to be a nice competitive horse but is held back considerably by me at the moment.

be positive

Visit site
I don't think it is realistic to have your instructor school a few times a week and deal with all the selling, it takes up a lot of time answering emails and phone calls, arranging viewings, waiting for late arrivals etc, it is not going to be cost effective for you and likely to not be very worthwhile for the instructor, unless she sells on the first viewing they could spend hours waiting around.

It would be more sensible all round to send her to the instructor on a sales livery, it will probably cost you no more than several hours schooling at your yard and give everyone the best chance of a decent sale, you may be surprised how much improvement could be made in a week if there full time, it may appear more expensive but if the sale price reflects the improvement and she sells quicker it will be money well spent, as long as the rates are sensible and the horse is useful.

millies

Visit site
If my instructor had a yard I would send her away but he doesn't so unfortunately he'd have to come to me. I don't think it would take much to get her to where you'd expect a 6 year old to be and I also don't think she'd be too hard to sell as she's not quirky and generally a pleasant horse to do anything with.

Rosiefan

Visit site
I think I'd take a punt on selling her yourself if she's a pleasant person. Explain why she hasn't done much and be prepared to accept an offer. The trainer coming to your yard is a non-starter I would have thought unless he's sitting around kicking his heels - much too time consuming for him and probably very expensive.

PorkChop

Visit site
Unfortunately I think your ideal scenario is just not feasible.

Either sell her as is, at a sensible price, explaining your situation. Or send her on sales livery, but only do that if you can afford to loose the money in terms of livery and being professionally schooled, especially if there needs to be quite a tight timescale.

measles

Visit site
Unfortunately I think your ideal scenario is just not feasible.

Either sell her as is, at a sensible price, explaining your situation. Or send her on sales livery, but only do that if you can afford to loose the money in terms of livery and being professionally schooled, especially if there needs to be quite a tight timescale.

As LJR said above, sales livery or selling her on your own are the viable options.