Rhetorical question

Appy looser

New User
Visit site
IF I had a horse on working livery at an unlicensed riding school would I be liable if a client of said riding school had an accident while riding my horse?
😊

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Possibly. I certainly wouldn't risk it, I can see a number of situations where you could be sued either alone or in a joint action with the riding school. I would say you need £20m of 3rd party cover for that situation, but you might find it problematic to get cover for where strangers you don't know ride your horse.

Is the riding school properly insured? I would have thought they would find it difficult to get cover if they are unlicensed. Is that even legal?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
It would not be sensible to put a horse on WL at an unlicensed RS. It isn't that difficult to apply for a licence but if the YO wants to risk running an unlicensed RS, that is a different situation entirely from you allowing your horse to be ridden for reward by random strangers without PL insurance.

Appy looser

New User
Visit site
Thanks Pearsasinger.. I do have PL insurance but still wouldn't want to be liable because YO not licenced. What a minefield. Will have a rethink. 🤔