Rhinegold Rugs Sizing

Chavhorse

Visit site
I normally buy Amigo rugs for my big 16.3 cob and she fits a 6ft 9 very well.

I have got the Opportunity to buy some Rhinegold rugs at trade prices and was just wondering if anyone knew how they come up compaired to the Amigo.

Do not want to get the 7ft and drown her if I don't need to.

thanks

Chav

Bertolie

Visit site
I have bought a couple of Rhinegold rugs for my chunky cob and wasn't that impressed! He usually takes a 6'3" but this was small on him and didn't cover his bum, also tried the next size up whi h was a better fit lengthwise. However, these rugs appear to be quite narrow across the chest and the Velcro fastening on the chest would not stay done up for love nor money and was always gaping open. I am not the only one to have this problem, I have heard lots of people say the same thing.

PeeGee

Visit site
I bought a lightweight one for my haffie, I got his usual size. It was Ok lengthwise but far too tight on the chest. He hated it, the first night I left it hung over a beam in the stable, in the morning I found it trampled in the middle of the stable and he had peed all over it. I took that as a sign he didn't really like it as he has never done that before or since with any other rug!!!
I sold it on to a fellow livery who has a 16.3 thoroughbred(Oakley is 15hh).

catwithclaws

Visit site
They are really narrow across the chest, so definitely go up a size. I personally think they are the worst fitting rugs ever! One of our clients horses has a rhinegold rain sheet and I honestly wish I could burn it! Pulls back around the chest, not deep enough and just urgh!

Just my opinion though, I know others who swear by them!

Elsiecat

Visit site
As others, narrow on the chest.
But this worked out as it turned out a perfect fit for a horse with a narrow chest that we also have.
I like Rhinegold rugs :) but definitely go up a size!