Richard Maxwell

muff747

Visit site
I have organised three learning days with Max over the years and he has made a massive difference to all the horses that he worked with.
He talks from the moment he starts to the end just before he leaves and everything he says is worth every penny. You get so much information, it is hard to remember everything. I would recommend him every time.
It does work out cheaper if you organise a learning day, I had no difficulty finding a few others who would pay a share of his fee to help with their problems, and you are allowed to sell a limited number of tickets, again which I had no problem selling.
Go ahead, you won't regret it.

Arkmiido

Visit site
I spectated at a yard where Max was holding a 'clinic' type day - 6 people, in pairs sessions in the morning and again in the afternoon, plus with him talking through about everything he was doing... It was £125 /person (although I was quoted 200 ea if I wanted to organise it at my place later, or £800 for the day divided by number of people)
I have to say, having watched Monty & Kelly Marks, and gone on a few IH courses, I have never been so impressed with a 'horseman' as I was with him - he has such an aura. I took home lots of his key thinking - lots of moving hind legs with crossing under and yielding shoulders and flexion/submission, and it really was the turning point for my 4yo in her learning to use her quarters and back rather than wandering around like a donkey. She now almost resembles her warmblood potential!! (Without having put her in drawreins/side reins, which I'm not terribly keen on... but not fluffy!!)
I think he is well worth the money - although I have to say that I don't think his books do his methods or teaching capabilities justice at all. I really think he is the missing link between a 'horse whisperer' and competition trainer - you get the results, he works in the real word, he doesn't get caught up on what the horse is 'saying' but he completely understands their responses and how to get the desired outcome, and is really good at teaching people how to do that too. However, didn't rate a demo I went to of his subsequently, as much as spectating on that more informal clinic day - but i saw more extreme results there!