Richard Webb Horsebox dealer

foxy

Visit site
Anyone know anything about him?...good or bad
He is selling one that I like the look of but can't find any reviews about him. Last time I had a shocking previous experience buying a lorry so would rather not repeat that!

Bernster

Visit site
What are you after? Horsebox seller seems to,have loads, plus the main builders tend to have a few 2nd hands for sale. Am about to take mine to Freddie Gover to clean and plate it, ready to sell on.

daffy44

Visit site
I've bought a lorry a year ago from Richard Webb, he was great to deal with, and I have a lovely lorry! I bought it a year ago, and I did get it checked by an independent mechanic, but I'm delighted with my lorry, and I would happily go back to Richard again.

foxy

Visit site
What are you after? Horsebox seller seems to,have loads, plus the main builders tend to have a few 2nd hands for sale. Am about to take mine to Freddie Gover to clean and plate it, ready to sell on.
I have heard good and bad about the Horsebox Seller but there are lots on the website.
I am after a 6.5 or 7.5 as I would like some living and be able to carry 2 horses

foxy

Visit site
I've bought a lorry a year ago from Richard Webb, he was great to deal with, and I have a lovely lorry! I bought it a year ago, and I did get it checked by an independent mechanic, but I'm delighted with my lorry, and I would happily go back to Richard again.
Thanks for that, the last time I bought I had an awful experience which has made me very cautious and wary of anything people tell me!

Dina moon

New User
Visit site
Wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole, sold me a dangerous horsebox, did change it after I threatened them with court action could have lost £15000 but thankfully was sorted. This box is still on sale with them and the mot tells a very varied tale ?

MrSpam

Visit site
Wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole, sold me a dangerous horsebox, did change it after I threatened them with court action could have lost £15000 but thankfully was sorted. This box is still on sale with them and the mot tells a very varied tale ?

Was your problem with Richard Webb or Horsebox Seller?

Quadro

Visit site
Within a week of getting the lorry home we had to spend £1500 to get the ramp working, which still causes us issues, and needs several thousands spent on it (the electric part does not go far enough to close it). The inside needs several hours of welding work. The wheel nuts were so loose the wheel could have flown off (mechanics alerted us to this). The leisure battery did not work. None of the taps in the living work. He took the TV and reversing/horse camera screens out, despite saying they were included. He also accused us of selling him a dodgy lorry, despite us giving him the receipts for the 9ks worth of work we had done. Also accused us of not send off the v5, which I personally had put in the post, and he threaten to take us to court for not posting it?????

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I went to a different horsebox dealer, Central Horseboxes, & they appear to be the same as Horsebox seller. Over priced, shoddy vehicles, many I believe are trade ins from Horsebox builders & very little work is done on them before offering them up for sale. I looked at a £19,000 horsebox that looked good on the internet but when seen in the flesh it was really shoddy with bodged up repairs & the grill was held on with electrical ties. The vehicle was well over priced & he offered me $4,000 trade in on my horsebox. I was shown another lorry which had a hole kicked through the side & he said that the hole would be filled & the paint blown in & I'd never know it was there? I looked at the other vehicles there & to be honest it felt like I was looking round a scrap yard.

I sold my lorry on Facebook for £7,500, almost double what dealer offered me & could have sold it many times over. I bought my replacement lorry off a seller on Ebay, a Tristar with a small day living, aluminium box, stalled for 3 horses, pay load of 2.3 tons on a 52 plate (this was 2 years ago). I'd watched it on Ebay, advertised for £13,000 then later £12,000, but didn't buy it. I still had my lorry at that point & wasn't quite ready to buy.I later contacted the seller & went to see it. It was on a MAN chassis with 180hp engine. It was immaculate, full mot, beautiful condition & pulled like a train. I asked him what he'd been offered & he told me £10,500, £2,000 less than it was offered for sale on Ebay. He said a guy had voiced interest but had gone on holiday without leaving a deposit. I asked him if I bettered the offer could I buy it. He said yes, I offered £10,600 & we shook on it, deal done.Since buying it I've had it serviced & had a new belt fitted as it started screaming Oh & a battery needed replacing, apart from that nothing. It's gone through MOTs with noi advisories. It's a smashing lorry.

Don't rule out private sellers. If you don't know much take a lorry mechanic with you or get it checked out by a horsebox engineer. You can find them on the internet. You will probably find the lorry you want at a substantially cheaper price than a dealer. Good Luck with your search.