Richmond sat / sun

VRIN

Visit site
Know decision tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has any idea if there is any real chance of running or if just wishful thinking??

georgiegirl

Visit site
Doesnt sound good does it? Were meant to be competing on sunday but Im spending the evening looking at whats going on elsewhere as a back up plan.

I just cant believe this rain has gone on for so long - starting to wish we had reg'd BS now!

lizness

Visit site
I am about twenty miles away and it has rained all day and all last night, standing water in fields. Went schooling a bit closer last weekend and ground was mostly nice but very wet in places.

Gamebird

Visit site
We've been deluged - just been through a wheel-arch deep flood in the middle of town, but I'm a bit further away. Am currently assuming it's off and will not be cleaning tack etc. tonight as planned.

GG - I can't find any BSJA in a 150 miles radius for Saturday. I was looking this morning too! :(

VRIN

Visit site
It seems from couple of.comments that the main issue is the dressge arena and parking field. If its that wet one can't help but wonder if it can possible dry out that quickly.

Gamebird

Visit site
It seems from couple of.comments that the main issue is the dressge arena and parking field. If its that wet one can't help but wonder if it can possible dry out that quickly.

Would it be nauhty of me to think that they may well cancel Sat/Sun but somehow manage to run the intermediates on Monday? :rolleyes:

Super_starz

Visit site
GG - I can't find any BSJA in a 150 miles radius for Saturday. I was looking this morning too! :(

Not sure how far away you are but they are holding BS at Murray House (Cumwhinton BE) Sat/Sun, sounds like they might run it on the surface from their last facebook update!

christine48

Visit site
Doesn't look promising and rain is forecast all night and tomorrow. My young horse was going to do her first novice so I hope it is cancelled as I wouldn't like to run her on soggy ground. Could be SJ again this weekend!

VRIN

Visit site
Oh good! I shall start doing my sun dance!?! (Should I mention I am not very good at it)

tase1965

Visit site
Oh good! I shall start doing my sun dance!?! (Should I mention I am not very good at it)

That would be really helpful - I dont know what one looks like though, would you be able to post a video so we can all join in??? :D

georgiegirl

Visit site
Original content removed

Thanks for the update tase. Ive pretty much resigned myself that it will suffer the same fate as the others so as not to get my hopes up! These cancellations are getting really depressing now especially when everyone has fit horses raring to go - bad for organisers who put so much hard work in too as well as sponsors, trade stands....the list goes on and on!

I too shall join in the sun dance although I warn you its not very good and probably wont work!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamebird

Visit site
Not sure how far away you are but they are holding BS at Murray House (Cumwhinton BE) Sat/Sun, sounds like they might run it on the surface from their last facebook update!

Thanks, but no thanks! About 2.5hrs.

S_J - will do, in the unlikely event that I'm there :rolleyes:

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
I have put a few on Watt Fences Ltd on Facebook you can poach if you like, mainly the new Intermediate fences, also have a few of horses jumping round (on a nice day!!), could email them across to you if they would be any use?:)

Thanks but I try and put the whole course up or at least 75% as that gives people a better idea of what to expect. Really hope it goes ahead (something has to run!)

Gamebird

Visit site
Have just turned my horse out into a lake.

Nice to see that Chatsworth made the BBC TV news. Shame for the wrong reasons!