Ridden Showing Advice Please!

scrumpygus

Visit site
Hi i am entering my horse into a ridden coloured class - ive never done ridden showing in my life - only dressage and jumping. So lots of qu's if someone would be kind enough to take time to answer.
What do i wear - general show gear?white gloves?spurs?
What does he wear- ive seen some wear saddles with no numnah underneath - is that the done thing? Also dressage or gp saddle - i have both.
Also double bridle or snaffle bridle - i have both and he goes well in the double?
Boots or no boots on the horse?
Plaited mane and tail?
Sorry so many questions - all advice welcomed x

horse addict

Visit site
fantastic, you will have an amazing time, i have done a bit more showing with my boy this year and qualified for south west ponies in wales, which was amazing, my advice is saddle prob GP, def no numnah. Def a double bridle if he goes well in it, and no boots, plaited man and either pulled or plaited tail. You need to wear yellow or beige jods, hacking jacket, brown gloves and long black boots. Some of the more serious showing classes don't like spurs but unless it states upto you whether you use them or not.

For your individual show I would show walk, trot and canter on each rein and then ask the judge if she would like to see extension (gallop). hope this helps, Good luck.

lisa_dundee

Visit site
If he is under 15hh he will be classed as a pony and you will not be able to ride in spurs if the class is a CHAPS or BSPA class. Brown tack is the proper colour for showing and should be worn with a neat cut numnah which you should hardly be able to see under the saddle. Double bridle and tweed jacket. If you pm me your email address I will send you a picture of me in some of my showing classes with Lewus so you can see what I wear. What colour are your saddles?

horse addict

Visit site
Let me know how you get on. as the other lady said brown tack is what they would normally expect but if its local level and you don't have a brown saddle don't worry go and enjoy. its only when you get to chaps and SWPA that they worry. x

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Turnout should be as type ie. hack, riding horse, hunter - broadly

All of them should have double bridle and straight cut saddle.
Hunters have a plain brow band, riding horses and hacks have a coloured browband
No boots, no numnahs, no funny coloorued girths

Rider
Navy hat with leather chin strap (or Beagler), brown cane, black boots, spurs (unless in a pony class).
jacket - hunter and riding horse tweed, hack should have navy.

Brown gloves, never white
Jods/breeches should be cream/canary/buff - never white

Hope this helps!
Have fun.