Ridden sport horse. Please help!

Klix

Visit site
Good morning,

I am looking to enter the ridden sports horse class this Sunday. I wondered if anyone knew the 'correct' attire for this? I have a choice of tweed or navy jacket, black boots brown/black gloves beige breeches hairnet navy velvet hat and should I wear a stock or tie?

Horse wise she will be plaited (any idea how they like them?!) tail pulled fetlocks ect trimmed, brown tack plain bridle (no flash) and a brown saddle shaped saddle cloth..

Any tips ideas? Anything missed?

Thank you very much, I promise pictures on Sunday :)

Ahrena

Visit site
I havn't done sports horse classes but plenty of showing.

Would say tweed jacket, defo tie, Brown gloves.

Show cane? Quarter marks on horse? I used to do fewer, bigger plaits on my mare as she naturally had a bit of a weak neck and it gave the appearance of more top line. So if cresty I would do more, smaller and lower set plaits to make neck look smaller, or less, bigger 'upright' plaits to make neck look bigger - I guess! Seemed to work for us ha.

Klix

Visit site
I havn't done sports horse classes but plenty of showing.

Would say tweed jacket, defo tie, Brown gloves.

Show cane? Quarter marks on horse? I used to do fewer, bigger plaits on my mare as she naturally had a bit of a weak neck and it gave the appearance of more top line. So if cresty I would do more, smaller and lower set plaits to make neck look smaller, or less, bigger 'upright' plaits to make neck look bigger - I guess! Seemed to work for us ha.

Thank you! :) plain tie? or coloured? Also would spurs be permitted or is this a no no?

liannexsx

Visit site
I would think it would depend on the show. I would personally dress as previously described. Is it a flat ridden?
The ridden sports horses at the royal highland show had a mix of tweed and very much show jumping outfits. The class did include about 4 jumps.
But then in scotland we show in hand sports horses in white lol

Klix

Visit site
I assume its only flat as the scheduled only says '' a show to consist of walk, trot, canter and extended'' No mention of any fences (I hope!!) OK, will go with the tweed.. Does anyone know on the spurs side of things?