Ridden walk/trot showing

Pippity

Visit site
In a fit of misguided enthusiasm, I've entered for the ridden walk/trot showing at my local show, and just realised I have no idea what to do for the personal show. I'll probably be far enough down the line-up to watch other people but it would be good to have a vague idea. I'm thinking walk away from the judge, then trot a figure-of-eight? Do I halt for the judge before or after the personal show?

And, yes, I've checked that the class is actually intended for adults and not just children fresh off the lead rein!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
It depends some judges will ask you to come out of the line up and halt in front of them then watch you walk and trot away some won't, you always stop in front of them and salute at the end though.

You could trot a figure of eight and then maybe show some lengthened strides of trot along a Longside.

Visit site
I would do this:

Stand up for judge
Walk away in a straight line
Come out to your left slightly then turn back on yourself to the right before trotting straight back to the judge.
Trot a figure of 8 with your first circle going AWAY from the line up
2nd circle should start towards the line up which should then lead you to being able to trot down the long side.
Trot at least 3/4 way down.
Back to walk for 4 - 5 strides.
Halt
Salute.
Walk back to your place in line not getting in the way of the next competitor.

Last edited: