Ride Irish Dealer problem??

Vixbix

Visit site
Anyone ever brought from Ride Irish and had issues? I have a horse who went from lamb to lion since the day he came home 6mths ago. Very suspicious and am considering getting his bloods checked from the vetting. Appreciate any other experiences... feel free to PM me if preferred.

Thx

Snowysadude

Visit site
Firstly 6 months is just outside the time they keep the bloods so make sure you ring the vet that vetted ASAP to see if they still have them, althought its likely they have been disposed of. Secondly you are not allowed to post about dealers on forums TFC will give you a slapped wrist and this could be seen as slander so be careful they dont see it!

sare_bear

Visit site
I went to view at RI a few years ago, but pulled out after the vetting flagged something up I wasn't happy with. Never got my deposit back though. :rolleyes:

Just to say i would be quick in deciding, as I think they only keep bloods for 6 months so may be worth contacting the vet who took them to check they are still being stored.

Luci07

Visit site
I do know someone who has BUT in fairness... it has been 6 months for you to decide you have an problem which makes the issue much harder (unless of course, there is more that you are keeping back)....

Vixbix

Visit site
Putlands did the vetting - he's touch wood healthy, he's just a nervous wreck and doesn't trust people at all. I've spent 6 months working my backside off trying to help the horse come good as he's a lovely soul and he is doing a heck of alot better. BUT I have spent a heck of alot of money in the process and he still isn't what was advertised by a long shot.... Reason for leaving it a while is I was hoping it was just nerves of being moved or that it was just him getting to know me but it's gone way past that now and having read other peoples experiences I am more and more concerned. Thanks everyone for your posts! x

kp31

Visit site
My auntie bought one from them and he has been an absolute star. He wasn't cheap but he did exactly what they said. 6 months seems a long time to be making a complaint though?

YasandCrystal

Visit site
Putlands did the vetting - he's touch wood healthy, he's just a nervous wreck and doesn't trust people at all. I've spent 6 months working my backside off trying to help the horse come good as he's a lovely soul and he is doing a heck of alot better. BUT I have spent a heck of alot of money in the process and he still isn't what was advertised by a long shot.... Reason for leaving it a while is I was hoping it was just nerves of being moved or that it was just him getting to know me but it's gone way past that now and having read other peoples experiences I am more and more concerned. Thanks everyone for your posts! x

He was probably on a good herbal calmer - I don't think that's illegal. You could try him on 'Relax Me' by First Horse - not cheap BUT it works. I used it with my boy for trust issues. He is off it now, but it really helped at the time and I suspect mine was on it when I bought him (not from these dealers though)!!

bibi

New User
Visit site
Did you ever get anywhere with the blood test? I had similar only worse problem with them. Would love to know other experiences

foxtrotter

Visit site
Herbal calmer ??? I don't think so - probably something a little stronger and more long lasting - not the kind of thing you can buy over the counter at your local feed merchants!