Ride on fly rug

Myloubylou

Visit site
My poor mare gets frustrated with the flies so plan to get a ride on fly rug. Am wondering I’d the amigo fly rider is worth the extra cost to something like the Busse one. Any reviews of either? Thanks

Goldenstar

Visit site
I got two cheap ones from Kramer .
they work well but we had one horse who disliked wearing one I had to get off pretty fast .

Tihamandturkey

Visit site
I just received the Zebra Busse one - have yet to try it out - hoping it works - I made my own before out of an ordinary Zebra fly rug & it did the job actually tbf

EmmaC78

Visit site
I have the Amigo fly rider and really rate it. It makes a huge difference to my gelding who gets really agitated by flies when hacking. It might be worth checking Facebook marketplace. I have seen a few on there for around £30.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I have a Zebra one from Krämer. It was around 30€

We've used it every week for hacking and its been excellent. Definitely good value.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
I have the Busse zebra one and I can't speak more highly of it. I actually can't think of a negative thing to say about it. The only thing that keeps the horseflies off, never mind normal buzzy flies. I've never used the Amigo one though, but given how expensive they are, in your shoes I would get a second hand one. Actually if I were in your shoes I would listen to BeckyFlowers and get the Busse :D

Pippity

Visit site
I'm very tempted by the Big Horse Shop zebra ride-on. I love my hi-viz Gallop one, but it's so tight over my cob's shoulders that it can't be comfortable.

vhf

Visit site
I'm very tempted by the Big Horse Shop zebra ride-on. I love my hi-viz Gallop one, but it's so tight over my cob's shoulders that it can't be comfortable.
I think they are more TB shaped than cob... My short fat one and tall thin one can share because on paper it's tall thin's size.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I prefer the ones that don't have the front and back as one piece (with a cut out for the saddle), as then the shoulders can get rubbed.

I did try a gallop yellow one, but became a magnet for bugs, they swarmed round us.

Also, I do find that the zebra ones cut the number of horseflies to about a fifth of what they were.

Buccas so a sheet like this, but I ordered this one, as it was similar but a lot cheaper. It stopped horse flies, but is not as successful against mozzies as the cutaway is a bit big. It is good for a nervous one though, as it is non-flappy. The front doesn't do up round the shoulders, so no rubbing too.

I was a bit cautious from ordering from the EU, but paid by Paypal and it was here in a week.

https://www.epplejeck.com/exercise-fly-sheet-epplejeck-zebra_16906.html

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
I was really concerned that the Busse zebra would be tight on the shoulder (it has chest fastenings) but it is lovely and loose on my Welsh cob. I hoik forward the bit behind the saddle so it sits between the saddle and saddle cloth - that way it is fixed so the rug doesn't have the chance to slip back and become tight up front.