Rider fatality at BS show Sunday

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
Quote from BS website:

It is with the deepest regret that British Showjumping confirm that Ella Pallister, aged 17, from Dorset died yesterday (Wednesday 30th January 2013) as a result of an injury sustained whilst competing at a British Showjumping affiliated show at Kingston Maurward in Dorset on Sunday 27th January 2013.

Ella fell from her horse in the warm-up arena and was transferred to Dorchester Hospital prior to being taken by Air Ambulance to Southampton Hospital.

Both British Showjumping and Kingston Maurward extend their condolences to the family during this difficult time.

zizz

Visit site
Does anyone know what happened? One of my biggest bugbear is that BS have not enforced the use of safety cups on the warm up fences

As I understand it her horse refused in the warm up and she came off but got caught up in the stirrup. The horse ended up standing on her causing the head injuries. There is also a question mark over her helmet being removed before the ambulance arrived.
A very tragic accident and she will be very sorely missed. RIP Ella x

Tangaroo

Visit site
I was there on sunday when it happened. Such a tragic accident. Ella was such a lovely girl, always full of life and a talented jockey. She lived for her riding.
Absolutely devastating for all concerned.

cider loving mare

Visit site
Ella was one of the first members I met when I joined the local riding club. She was a talented rider, and very gutsy. Always bounced back. She had time for everyone. Was always the star rider of the lesson. She was always smiling. I used to pick children up from the school she went to and knew some of her close friends. You could always hear her laughing and joking around. She lived life to the max. And was incredibly popular. This is a huge tragedy that has affected a huge amount of the local community here. :'(