Rider Insurance Including Racehorse Exercising

Spilletta

Visit site
I’d be really grateful for any advice/recommendations about rider insurance, especially from anyone involved with racehorse exercising. I don’t own my own horse, but started riding about four years ago after a long break. I have got BHS Gold, but as I’ve recently started to ride out on racehorses, it’s occurred to me that this isn’t enough.

Riding is not my job, and I don’t do it for money. I don’t really want to alter our existing insurances for loss of earnings which my husband and I sorted when we took out our mortgage (before I was riding, but I remember them asking if I participated in dangerous sports, including riding). So I wondered if there are any good insurance providers to cover for riding accidents including racehorse exercising. I’ve had a search on the internet, but haven’t found anything that helpful yet, and think that the HHO collective could be more informative!

Sorry if the above is a bit rambling, but I think what I’m getting at is should I find a separate policy for my riding, or bite the bullet and contact our current insurers? I think the former would be the preferred option as it seems simpler.

Even though it doesn’t currently relate to my personal situation, I’d still be glad to hear experiences from those of you who do work with racehorses, either as full-time staff, or freelance riders. I’m guessing staff would be covered by employers’ insurance (?) but would you still have your own insurance?

Thank you for reading.

Spilletta

Visit site
Just bumping my rather long and boring post above...:eek:

Quick summary is that I'd be grateful for any recommendations/advice in my hunt for a good insurance company/policy to give cover for injury (or worse) caused from a riding accident.