Rider Wanted!!

HarryHound

Visit site
Where does one place the advert? I've tried local tack shops and feed merchants. No joy. :( I'm not even asking for a financial contribution! Just a competent, well adjusted (!!! ;)) person to ride out with me 3 times a week (admittedly mid-week, perhaps this is the problem) over beautiful Surrey countryside. Ok i know the weather :rolleyes: is enough to put anyone off right now but i would have jumped at this offer before i had my own horses!! Suggestions PLEASE.

HarryHound

Visit site
Ooo - thanks - both good ideas. You'd think it would be easy huh! Just off to brave the wet and bring them in now. Have a good eve Kat.

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Local paper? Local horse magazine? In the regional section of this forum?
Wish I lived nearby, I would love to do this as I am currently stuck in between wanting to get my own. Sounds like a great opportunity and I hope you find somebody :)

HarryHound

Visit site
Thanks Maria - i wish you did too. They are cracking horses too! Not just any old plod. Perhaps thats the other problem - rider needs to be pretty good. Ho hum. Will dep put a post in the regional section. Cheers again.

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
No problem. I think a lot of the time young and inexperienced riders are intrested in the idea of riding horses for nothing when the horses are not suitable and need somebody who is in control. I know a friend trying to find a rider for a pony just keeps getting begginers who think its cheaper than having lessons. Half of them dont understand that they are very novicey and will ruin the horses, not to mention putting themselflves and the horse at risk! Hope you get somebody :)

Lizzie66

Visit site
Do you have a university nearby? Could well get someone who is missing their own ned and would love to get the chance to ride out.

LynH

Visit site
Pls can you PM me whereabouts you are as I may know someone depending on which side of Guildford you are? Thanks

giveitago

Visit site
I have 3 horses and would also love to find a reliable, trutworthy and knowledgeable adult that would like to ride out with me 2/3 times a week. It's tough finding someone who wants to ride during the day AND is capable of basic horsecare, tacking up etc on their own.

Let me know if you have too many replies to your post.

caseycat

Visit site
I think the trouble with putting a postcard up in tack shops is that most people that frequent them already have a horse.

Horse*

Visit site
When I had some free time last summer I rode a youngster a few days a week, jut saw the add on my riding clubs facebook page and fancied a challenge.

Bert&Maud

Visit site
I have 3 horses and would also love to find a reliable, trutworthy and knowledgeable adult that would like to ride out with me 2/3 times a week. It's tough finding someone who wants to ride during the day AND is capable of basic horsecare, tacking up etc on their own.

Let me know if you have too many replies to your post.

giveitago - where are you based? I sold my last horse 18 months ago and am struggling to find something nice to hack out a couple of times a week - in South Wiltshire. There are people out here, it's just a case of finding us!

SpanishNeddy

Visit site
I am trying to find someone for my gorgeous PRE gelding. I also do not need the money, just help in riding him as I have just bought another horse that is better suited to me. My gelding is a stunner but hot to ride. He does showing and dressage.

I am in Surrey - so if anyone knows of anyone :D

Penumbra

Visit site
I know it's already been mentioned but Universities are a good idea. If one local to you has a horse-riding society, they may be able to help you. Or you could look for a student coming home for the summer- exams are usually over by the end of may. I'm not sure how you'd find one? Word of mouth, maybe? Their only problem might be lack of transport.

FB may well be likely to help too as more people will see the advert.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I've been trying to do similar for over a year. Its not easy! I have two horses, the easier going one, more suitable for novice riders, I could have found ten riders for (settled for one!). The more difficult, more highly strung horse has been a struggle. I did have one person, but she only came once in a blue moon. Everyone else who has replied has really been a lot more novice that they thought they were.

I advertised on Equine Adverts and Preloved. Initially you get a lot of adverts (often the same people on both sites, not noticing it was the same horse in the ad!!), then when you weed through the non-runners you're left with one or two! I'm a bit nervous of Facebook ads as I feel I'd get even more numpties to root through.

TrasaM

Visit site
I found an advert for rider wanted on Preloved. There were actually quite a few advertised in my area. Had my trial ride yesterday and horse and I got on great :D
also think the University would be a likely place. Good luck with your search.