Riders and litter

Mooseontheloose

Visit site
why do some riders think it's appropriate to just dump their trash for someone else to clear up.
At Bishop Burton this weekend the course was littered with empty water bottles.
I'd be happy for capital punishment to be reintroduced for littering. Last year I removed a black bag with vodka bottles, joint ends, cigarette packets and so on from my foals' field. How lovely. You'd really think riders would have more manners bearing in mind they are very often on someone else's (lovely) property.

Spreebok

Visit site
It's not just riders, it's people in general! Wish people would use the bins provided, or if none, just take it with you and bin it when you can! I can't be the only one who keeps a carrier bag in the car for putting rubbish in!

happyclappy

Visit site
I honestly NEVER leave any litter anywhere. It is easy to either bin it if there is a bin nearby, or take it home. I also keep a carrier bag in the car for this, along with a shopping bag should I go into a shop to buy something. Litter is a big bug bear of mine.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
People can't be a**ed to walk to the nearest litter bins these days.
Have you watched them in McDonald's car park? They just open the car window and drop the lot!

RubysGold

Visit site
It really annoys me when people just throw their litter, take it to the nearest bin or take it home with you, it isn't hard to do!

Mooseontheloose

Visit site
Well, I know I'm naive but I thought people involved with horses would have a little more respect for private property! Our local lanes are full of rubbish, but I put that down to yobs who don't care. On Sunday it was a Pony Club event, so I would have hoped for some mindfulness!

fatpiggy

Visit site
Well, I know I'm naive but I thought people involved with horses would have a little more respect for private property! Our local lanes are full of rubbish, but I put that down to yobs who don't care. On Sunday it was a Pony Club event, so I would have hoped for some mindfulness!

Half the horse owners I have known have been as rough as a bear's backside. Just because you own a horse doesn't mean to say you have any form of "class" (and I don't mean social class), or grain of human decency. Let's face it, plenty of people who drive round in cars that cost more than my house still empty their fags out of the window whenever they feel like it.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
I recently stewarded at a local show at a lovely venue, the usual girl was on holiday and I volunteered to step in, as it was an under sixteen show. At the end of the day the lady running the show mentioned she would check the car park, I wandered out there while she put the dressage markers away, to find it in a state! Litter, horse poo, coffee cups you name it! To top it off, in the middle ,a black bucket that had been piddled in, from the amount it could be assumed it was human! It was foul! Thing is I know who was parked there!!! Why people can not just take their mess home is simply beyond me! It is so simple to do so............