Riders in Lincolnshire

StrawberryFish

Visit site
Just as I'm bored, just seeing who lives / rides around my old area(s)!

Have you ever competed at Sisson's Farm EC in Peakirk?

Do you keep you horse or live near a place called Maxey?

Ever competed at Laughton Manor EC near Bourne?

Anyone gone to any of these schools?
Stamford School/High School
AMVC in Glinton??

OR...
Anyone keep the hoss in Suffolk - (I know live_wire does
tongue.gif
)
More specifically Tostock or surrounding areas??

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Hellooo!!

Im from Lincolnshire, never competed at Sissons Farm but i used to compete at Laughton a lot when it was owned by Shelley Keys ( a few years ago now). Bit further away from there now but i believe Laughton have now had a revamp and its very smart there!!
Did you used to compete there?

Fizz06

Visit site
More Bury way myself rather than Tostock, used to ride at Culford, Kentford and Newmarket. friend keeps hers at Withersfield, if you know that.

StrawberryFish

Visit site
I did - haven't been since revamp
Shelly was good friends with the lady I bought my old horsey off - I remember winning an SJ class on him and she called him 'Merlin' from the judges box. He hadn't been called merlin in ages, but he still looked up! Cute.

Only went a few times though as mum couldn't be bothered to drive horsey and me to Friday night showjumping! Cow
tongue.gif

StrawberryFish

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
More Bury way myself rather than Tostock, used to ride at Culford, Kentford and Newmarket. friend keeps hers at Withersfield, if you know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool (my best mate went to school at Culford [random bit of info for you there!])- don't know it - sadly wasn't there long due to getting married
mad.gif
lol

Fizz06

Visit site
Ah yes, culford school! I was one of those weird people who didn't - took the train to Cambridge everyday instead!
Random question, but is it crab air that has taken you from suffolk to carteron via lincolnshire?

Evadiva1514

Visit site
When did you compete there?

I used to compete there about 7/8 years ago, most Friday nights through the summer and any dressage and jumping they had there at weekends. Loved it!! They used to get such a good crowd there as well, and it was so busy too.
grin.gif

StrawberryFish

Visit site
re Fizz

lol - i lived in lincolnshire as a kid - joined the raf which took me to suffolk - got married and left the raf, hubby is still in and that has taken me to carterton
tongue.gif

StrawberryFish

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
When did you compete there?

I used to compete there about 7/8 years ago, most Friday nights through the summer and any dressage and jumping they had there at weekends. Loved it!! They used to get such a good crowd there as well, and it was so busy too.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm... crikey got my horse in 2000 so around then till about 2002.
It was always a dead good atmosphere.
I used to leave Smurf (aka Budweiser) in the collecting bit of the indoor school and nip out to the trailer, or nip to get a burger!!! He would just stand there and people would know who he was and just ignore that fact that he was standing there loose!!
very naughty of me, but I was a very cocky young lady at the time!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Ooh might have recognised you, i would have been still competing there then. I would have been riding my Benji (Benjamins Pride) 1st horse in my sig at the time. It was just so relaxed there, and really good fun!!

StrawberryFish

Visit site
lol.. probably would - this is my boy (the photo is of ketton hunter trials) My surname was Woodcock then - my hoss's old owner was Karen Craggs - she used to date a Jason someone orother!

smurf1.jpg

Before I got 'Smurf' apparently Jason would take him round the huge opens that no one else would jump, stirrupless.

I think that's why i liked it there - it was good, but quite informal as well!

Did you know a lady there, who has a horse called 'Moon' I think it was - i think he was grey, not sure, but she was dead vocal -really really loud! I'll never forget her reallying that horse round every step of the way!!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
lol.. probably would - this is my boy (the photo is of ketton hunter trials) My surname was Woodcock then - my hoss's old owner was Karen Craggs - she used to date a Jason someone orother!

Before I got 'Smurf' apparently Jason would take him round the huge opens that no one else would jump, stirrupless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive probably got you on video somewhere, used to take the camcorders out when we went to Laughton.. Long before professional photographers were the norm at every event LOL!!
grin.gif

StrawberryFish

Visit site
LMAO - if you have me on vid you would know it.
Smurf was the first horse I owned that could jump and I didn't know how to sit to it, so rode round in an XC position!
We only did well because I confused him and he just went hell for leather!!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Did you know a lady there, who has a horse called 'Moon' I think it was - i think he was grey, not sure, but she was dead vocal -really really loud! I'll never forget her reallying that horse round every step of the way!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure i remember that horse. It wasn't too big if i remember rightly and she used to coax it round, it looked a real sweetie!! Wonder where they are now?? Trying to rack my brains now who else used to go there regularly....

StrawberryFish

Visit site
lol - i sometimes went with a school friend 'Emily Hawley'
she had 2 pony's a little'un - not sure the name and a 14'2" called Kushti I think.

LOl - sorry its so cool finding ppl who went to my old haunts!!

wench

Visit site

Have you ever competed at Sisson's Farm EC in Peakirk?

Do you keep you horse or live near a place called Maxey?

Ever competed at Laughton Manor EC near Bourne?

I from Lincolnshire - the top end, so never been to any of them - good 2.5 hrs drive from me!!!

aran

community.webshots.com
Have you ever competed at Sisson's Farm EC in Peakirk? I used to on both my 1st and 2nd pony (between 1993-2002)

Ever competed at Laughton Manor EC near Bourne? I used to do their SJ on a friday evening when it first opened. I went to Mill Lodge before it closed!
I used to do all the unaffliliated summer stuff - spalding/crowland/etc

I was in the Burghley Pony Club and did the SJ and PPC competitions (a few ODE - but wasnt really in the right croud to get on the eventers team!)

I was at livery at Better Tack, then a place in Gedney Dyke and then up to Wittering Grange as they had all the competition facilities and it was near pony club.

Most of my friends went to school around Stamford!

StrawberryFish

Visit site
It's nice there - although when I rode there, they were a bit stingy. £5 to enter a class and if you win you only get a rosette.
We complained about that all the time. It's not a problem when your an adult, but for younger kids - winning is quite exciting and it doesn't cost much to get cheap little plastic trophies!
lol -sorry for random rant!!