Riders of 13.2 cobs

zoon

Visit site
Can I ask how tall you are and, if you don’t mind saying, how much you weigh?

My youngster is not going to make as big as I’d hoped. He’s is just getting wider and not taller! So he’s certainly going to be chunky and will take up the leg, just not as tall as I’d hoped.

Can other pony squishers give me hope? This boy is so lovely, I couldn’t bare to part with him

Boughtabay

Visit site
My sec C is going to top out at about 13.1/2. I’m 5ft6 roughly and 7.5 stone … I know I’m not too heavy for him but I’m expecting to look a bit silly as I’m used to 15.2+ 🙈

2 Dragons

Visit site
My Welsh Sec is 13.2, I'm 5ft 6 and weigh 8 1/2 stone. I have a light synthetic saddle. She is chunky and has a deep girth so takes up my leg. I have done a bit of low-level everything on her, but mainly hack now she is getting older. Ponies are great fun

planete

Visit site
My 13.2 has the build of a small heavy horse. I am 5'1 and 7.5 stone. He is very deep bodied and has carried 9.5 stone quite happily. The woman who sold him to me was 5'8 but had bought him unseen as a 14.2 and found him too small for her and too much for her children.

BackintheSaddle1983

Visit site
My pony is 13.2, cob x Welsh. I am 5ft 2 and about 10.5 stone. We are only gently walking and trotting little and often at the minute as she’s just turned 4 and newly backed. My friend took a picture today and we don’t look a bad combo at all! My pony before was 13.1 but a wide Haflinger. I like my feet closer to the floor!

SEL

Visit site
5'3" and about 8.5 stone.

Mine is Dales x and takes up my leg really well. If anything my torso just looks "tall" if that makes sense? My weight doesn't cause her an issue and I think she could take more but she's got some old injuries so the lighter the better.

dorsetladette

Visit site
My little lad was supposed to make 13.2. At 4 (just) he is about 12.3 (hoping for 13hh when finished off), but he is wide. He weigh tapes 360-370kg at the moment.

I'm 5ft3 and weigh 62kg with another 4kg to loose to be comfortable riding him.

I'm just doing short sessions with him. And hacking is consisting on walking in hand and me hoping on and off here and there. All in walk.

Horseysheepy

Visit site
minesadouble you look great together!

I've ridden a 13.2hh Welsh sec C and I'm just over 5ft 7 and I weighed about 7 stone then. He was a lot of pony and was a powerful mover and I never felt too big on him at all