horsegirl

Visit site
At the moment my boy has the following

pink powder - 1 scoop per feed
Naf Magic - 1 scoop between 2 feeds
mint - 1 pink powder size scoop per feed
Biotin - 1 scoop in each feed
Baileys outshine - 1 and a half mugs of between 2 feeds

the scoops are all the recommend amounts to feed and are all different sizes. Is there anything that would replace these with fewer supplements?

ISHmad

Visit site
Personally I would feed something like Top Spec, Baileys or Blue Chip balancer. The balancers have everything needed by way of vits, mins etc and most of them include biotin too.

luie123

Visit site
You can get a topspec supplement which is vit minerals and biotin £17 a tub I think, that would put 2 in one, what about chaff with oil in like alfa a oil to make him shiney?

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
Yes I am spending a fortune.
Mine is on global herbs:
zephyr pollenex
so calm
acid x
soya oil
dobon and horrell balancer
yeast extract
calm and condition
sugar beet
alfa a
sunflower kernels
carrots

I can't leave anyone to give him a feed in case they miss something out and I'm scared to stop feeding anything in case it the one that is working LOL

Baileysno1

Visit site
OMG! My horses get the feed merchants own mix (cheap!!) and dengi -hi fi, the vetran gets calm and condition they both had to top spec throught the winter, they are both alive and well with no supplements, Bailey the vertran was on biotin, garlic and cortaflex but I've had to cut costs so they've all been axed ryu the young one has never had anything other than the top spec, they both have lovely coats and look very well. I don't think unless I had a speciffic problem that I'd use any other feed supplements appart from a blalancer

Tempi

Visit site
why are you feeding the outshine? I feed it for weight gain and thats 3lbs a day which is 6 plastic mug things that they give you.

Also why Biotin and Pink Powder?

Emma123

Visit site
Garlic, Asda veg oil and farriers formula cos his feet arn't great for me
tongue.gif

vanessahook

Visit site
I would go for a good quality balancer. My mare is fed Saracen Bio Life 3000 (can't quite remeber if it is 3000 or 5000??). Any way its brill stuff she looks great, shiny and healthy and she only has 4 small cups a day plus Hi-Fi and doesn't need supplementing at all.

ISHmad

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
is pink powder not a balancer? So that would be instead of the pink powder and the biotin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, no Pink Powder isn't a balancer. Things like Top Spec, Bailey's, Blue Chip etc are all complete balancers which have everything a horse needs in them. I use the Top Spec Normal Balancer and Anti Lam Balancer for our horses and they do really well on it - lovely shiny coats, great feet etc.

GTs

Visit site
Supplements are a waste of time - feel good for people who do not know how to properly feed their horses.

L

lilym

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is pink powder not a balancer? So that would be instead of the pink powder and the biotin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, no Pink Powder isn't a balancer. Things like Top Spec, Bailey's, Blue Chip etc are all complete balancers which have everything a horse needs in them. I use the Top Spec Normal Balancer and Anti Lam Balancer for our horses and they do really well

on it - lovely shiny coats, great feet etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes pink powder IS a balancer, just a very concentrated one, it is cheaper because it doesn't get pelleted like topspec blue chip etc,

HDT

www.equinesports.org
I have a pony in top competition (HDT) and is fed Tiger Oats, Equilibra, Fibre Gest and Alfa-Oil.

For supplements he has Corteflex and Garlic.

He has a gleaming coat, and in in top health, people are shocked when I tell them he is 19years old as he only looks to be around 10years especially when oyu see him move.

There is no need to over feed horses with a huge list of supplements. the problem is there are too many on the market.

It is better to feed a good quality feed balancer than pumping all these powders into your horse. Make my mind boogle...how does the horse taste his food with all the mixtures added to it???

ISHmad

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, no Pink Powder isn't a balancer. Things like Top Spec, Bailey's, Blue Chip etc are all complete balancers which have everything a horse needs in them. I use the Top Spec Normal Balancer and Anti Lam Balancer for our horses and they do really well

on it - lovely shiny coats, great feet etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes pink powder IS a balancer, just a very concentrated one, it is cheaper because it doesn't get pelleted like topspec blue chip etc,

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that, that is news to me. Was always under the impression it was another general supplement, not a balancer.

Vicki1986

Visit site
to be honest mint isnt a supplement its just for taste so i wouldnt 'count' that as one.

i feed pink powder - best thing ive ever done. has given me far better results than lo cal did.

i feed good doer + own brand pony nuts + pink powder + linseed + soya oil. my horses coat is glorious she looks the best she ever has done since being on this combination and i have tried a few supplements before.