Ridiculous Buyer

EventingMum

Visit site
I saw a post on Facebook this morning from a dalmatian breeder (unfortunately I can't find it now to post a link). However, he had an email from someone wanting to buy a liver spotted puppy to keep their kids from under their feet during lockdown and the summer holidays. The youngest child was starting school in the Autumn so they would then rehome it or want the breeder to give a full refund for the puppy and any equipment they had bought :eek:. The breeder replied very well asking if they had tried to return their kids to the labour ward after giving birth! :p

scats

Visit site
Two of my friends are looking for a puppy (responsible owners) but there are hardly any available around here at the moment because so many people have bought puppies to amuse themselves and kids during lockdown. Normally preloved for our area is packed full of pups, but I think I saw one litter for sale (can’t remember breed, but it wasn’t your usual family pet type).

God help the rescue centres by the end of the year. I think they’ll be packed with unwanted young dogs.

Clodagh

Visit site
Two of my friends are looking for a puppy (responsible owners) but there are hardly any available around here at the moment because so many people have bought puppies to amuse themselves and kids during lockdown. Normally preloved for our area is packed full of pups, but I think I saw one litter for sale (can’t remember breed, but it wasn’t your usual family pet type).

God help the rescue centres by the end of the year. I think they’ll be packed with unwanted young dogs.

Tell your friends to wait until autumn! Except people selling the pups on preloved will want back what they paid for them - or even a profit, because, you know, they have invested in it.

Archangel

Visit site
I have been wondering what the puppy farms have been up to during this lockdown.

I was walking next to a massive one the other day (licenced for 85 dogs (not including puppies) - how is that even possible?) and normally for the whole hour's walk all I can hear is barking, barking, barking, constant barking. But other than a few barks here and there, it was silent. Can't work out why.

Last edited:

be positive

Visit site
Tell your friends to wait until autumn! Except people selling the pups on preloved will want back what they paid for them - or even a profit, because, you know, they have invested in it.

I will be seriously looking in a few weeks but will probably wait until autumn and pick up one of the rejects, although it goes against the grain to pay for someone else's 'mistake' I am used to buying 'project' horses cheaply and unraveling their issues, taking on a dog and paying more than most of my horses cost just seems wrong.

The rescues will be flooded but I will not have the required 6 ft fence so it is not even worth contacting some, if anyone hears of a collie needing a rural home I will be actively looking by the end of June, other breeds considered:)

Moobli

Visit site
The rescues will be flooded but I will not have the required 6 ft fence so it is not even worth contacting some, if anyone hears of a collie needing a rural home I will be actively looking by the end of June, other breeds considered:)

Whereabouts are you bp? There are always collies who haven't made the grade as sheepdogs looking for homes in rural areas.

Edited to add: I do know of a bearded collie x border collie litter that are well reared by responsible breeders and last I heard there were a couple of dog pups still available. I can PM details if you like. They are based in N Wales.

be positive

Visit site
Whereabouts are you bp? There are always collies who haven't made the grade as sheepdogs looking for homes in rural areas.

Edited to add: I do know of a bearded collie x border collie litter that are well reared by responsible breeders and last I heard there were a couple of dog pups still available. I can PM details if you like. They are based in N Wales.

I will be in South West Wales so a sheepdog that hasn't made the grade is what I would love to find, I need to get there and do a few bits of fencing so really shouldn't be looking until end of June but having lost my collie last year it has been too long without a dog so I keep browsing when I know I must wait a bit longer, if the pups are still available I would be interested but it is not fair to get one until I have actually moved, if I had known how long it was going to take I would have got one last autumn, moving would be far less of an issue with an established dog.

Moobli

Visit site
I will be in South West Wales so a sheepdog that hasn't made the grade is what I would love to find, I need to get there and do a few bits of fencing so really shouldn't be looking until end of June but having lost my collie last year it has been too long without a dog so I keep browsing when I know I must wait a bit longer, if the pups are still available I would be interested but it is not fair to get one until I have actually moved, if I had known how long it was going to take I would have got one last autumn, moving would be far less of an issue with an established dog.

I don't think the pups will still be available at the end of June as I think they are only a week or two off being ready to go, but I am sure there will be any number of failed sheepdogs in Wales when the time is right for you.

Brownmare

Visit site
I have just heard of a young male collie today who is a farm dog needing a pet home. He is in Cornwall