riding boot recomendations for a shortie with child's ankes!

kizmund

Visit site
I'm having a hard time trying to find boots that fit me properly.

I really wanted some ariat bromonts, tried them on in the shop, I thought they were far too tall (as they were touching my knee caps) but the sales assistant assured me they would drop and handed me some heel risers to minimise the breaking in process, so I bought them.

After 6 wears they really weren't improving at all and were actually really painful because they were just too tall, they are also very large round the ankle for me as I have children's ankles and so they offered me little support and seemed 'baggy'.

Have decided to sell as even if they dropped a full inch they would still be too tall.

So (finally getting to my point) has anyone got boot recomendations for me?
Was looking for long boots originally but now I'll consider anything (short boots and gaitors).
Must be confortable and suitable for everyday riding and comps :)

catembi

Visit site
Oh, oh, I know this one! **Waves frantically**

Try Mountain Horse SCS CHILDRENS!! They go up to size 5 1/2. They've got enough elastic at the top to be comfy, nice lacing at the front & are a *perfect* height & fit. I am 5 ft 1 1/2 with thin calves.

I wanted Bromonts too, but they were never going to fit. The SCS fit like they were made to measure & are so much cheaper than the Bromonts that you could buy yourself a jacket too!

T x

Fat_Pony

Visit site
I have mountain horse kids boots and the height is perfect, but i have skinny ankles (normal calves) and they are too big around ankles

catembi

Visit site
Not sure if they still make the exact ones I've got as mine are 5 years old, but they're a lot like these: http://www.saddlery.biz/brand/mount...ountain-horse-richmond-high-rider-junior.html

I will never understand why boot manufacturers assume that *everyone* is 6 ft tall! There are so many threads on here asking about where to find shorter boots...so why don't they make shorter ones...??!! I would have loved some Bromonts!

T x

MCTM

Visit site
I have tiny feet, skinny ankles and short legs - could never find long boots to fit until i got a pair of Broginis. They are really comfortable, fit where they should and look great!

zaminda

Visit site
MCTM, when you say tiny feet, how tiny? I would really like some long boots, but finding them in my size, which are then not designed for people a foot shorter than me is a nightmare!

kizmund

Visit site
Oh, oh, I know this one! **Waves frantically**

Try Mountain Horse SCS CHILDRENS!! They go up to size 5 1/2. They've got enough elastic at the top to be comfy, nice lacing at the front & are a *perfect* height & fit. I am 5 ft 1 1/2 with thin calves.

I wanted Bromonts too, but they were never going to fit. The SCS fit like they were made to measure & are so much cheaper than the Bromonts that you could buy yourself a jacket too!

T x

Oooo I'll take a look, thank you! I've worn the bromonts in a 'you ARE going to fit!' kind of way so won't get back what I paid but have shoved them on ebay and keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully I'll be able to get boots with what's left over and if there's a bit extra I'll be chuffed!

kizmund

Visit site
I have mountain horse kids boots and the height is perfect, but i have skinny ankles (normal calves) and they are too big around ankles

That's me too, I'm a 3 or 4 in the foot, normal size calves (they were ok in the bromonts) and tiny ankles that feel like they're being swapped!

kizmund

Visit site
would Tredstep gaiters go with any boots? Just having a look and done a search on here and they come in lots of different sizing options.

Tempted to wait until Hickstead then I can try on lots of different options, such a pain ordering then sending back!

dafthoss

Visit site
Another with kids mountain horse long boots, but I have the field boots so can tighten the ankle a bit more. I really wanted the brown bromonts but they were never going to work, although they do make kids bromonts now. For every day I have ariat gaiters which fit well.

MCTM

Visit site
MCTM, when you say tiny feet, how tiny? I would really like some long boots, but finding them in my size, which are then not designed for people a foot shorter than me is a nightmare!

My feet are about a 35 - size 3 are often too big for me. I can get away with boots that are a bit big for me so usually have a 4, although I think I got Broginis in a size 3.