Riding Boots for us short people

GeorgiaR95

Visit site
Okay so i'm only 5'2" and can't find any riding boots that fit my leg length they are all too long. I have to ride in boots and chaps but in winter I hate it.

Anyone recommend some good boots for us short people that aren't stupidly priced?

Kat_

Visit site
I am 5'3" and have a pair of Toggi Quartz boots for everyday riding. They fit straight away and have sunk a little with wear but not enough to be a problem. I also have a pair of Brogini Modena synthetic boots for competitions - so comfy and not too long for me! So many brands/styles are a complete no-go for full length boots if I want to bend my knees!

GeorgiaR95

Visit site
Oh fab i'll have a look! I have such a problem with finding full length boots that dont cut into the back of my knee.. *sigh*
Have tried kids boots but most brands only go to a size 4 and not a 5..

I'll have a browse though thankyou :)

GeorgiaR95

Visit site
What size shoe are you. Ariat kids go up to a size 5 so they are shorter. I bought some last year.

I'm a size 5, I saw some Ariat ones at Windsor horse show for kids but they were around £150 which is a lot for me to spend because I wear them all the time so wouldn't want to ruin some at that amount of money

abbijay

Visit site
Mountain Horse do a short fitting in most of their long boots. I'm 5'6" but I have very long thighs and short calves so they're one of the few brands that work for me.

shirl62

Visit site
Kanyon boots are good too...I am only 4' 10'' and they are great. I find kids boots too narrow at the calf but these are a really good fit.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I'm too short for the ariat short boots but oddly enough found that tredstep normal boots fit ok (Donatello boots) Am just under 5'2 and a size 4.

The only thing is that even though they are beautifully shaped am a little tubby for them so at present can only get them on wearing riding tights rather than breeches.

meesha

Visit site
I am 5ft 4 bought kanyon gorse x rider, amazingly comfy from day 1 for both riding and yard and good 3 inches shorter than my mountain horse , they were £99

Mule

Visit site
Im 5 3". I recently bought the Mark Todd dress boot in short length. They are really comfy and required no breaking in but the leather is very soft so I think they would be prone to scuffing.

Its worth trying on boots marked as "junior' or 'young rider's. They are much cheaper, if they fit. I tried on a lovely pair of Tredstep Donatello junior fieldboots. They fitted at the calf but I didn't get them because I found the Mark Todd boots more comfortable in general.

Although judging by the leather used the Tredsteps would have been harder wearing. The adult version of the Tredsteps would have cost a fortune.

Durhamchance

Visit site
I've had this problem too as I'm 5ft 2" and wanted some smart boots for competition that didn't break the bank. I bought the toggi Cartwright and they fit lovely. I've not had to use heel risers either