Riding club horse...any tips:

TinselRider

www.gatesequestrian.webs.com
Hi all I am hoping to do a local show on sunday and just wondered if you lovely people had any tips for the riding club horse class, be it tips on turnout or the show itself id REALLY appreciate it.
grin.gif

thanks XxX

Madam_max

Visit site
You will prob be expected to do a small jump and individual show, i/e figure of eight, walk trot and canter on each rein. I do mine in a snaffle. Any colour jacket should be OK, but the tack should be plain.

piggy

Visit site
Hello
When i go to my local shows i always do RC pony, the judges seem to love him
smile.gif
!
I do a simple show,pop the jump in,then to finish an extension (small gallop)
I always were a snaffle any way.
Keep you show nice and short, less time to make mistakes, and you don't want the judge to get bored!
Good luck xx

SillyMare

Visit site
I did one a little while ago (not that I do much - generally hate showing) and they were offering a choice of how high the jump was (ie. rather than ask people to do their individual show in order of placing, they asked the ones that wanted to jump low to go first and then put the fence up).

So many people thought the only way to win was to go for the big jump and ended up refusing or making a mess of it. Lots of people who did a nice jump over the lower fence ended up climbing up the places.

If you get a choice (I don't know whether or not that is normal), don't get pressured into automatically taking the hiher fence if you feel more confident over a lower one.

MagicMelon

Visit site
A lot of it is based on manners so make sure your horse stands perfectly still in the line up etc.

Although saying that, the one time I did a RC Horse class - my horse behaved impeccably yet he was placed well down the line, when one horse in particular in 2nd place had bucked in his show and wouldnt stand still! Hmmmm......