Riding hat for child

avthechav

Visit site
My friend has an 8 year old daughter who she is struggling to find a hat to fit. The children's ones seem to be the wrong shape (in told her head is very round!) and the adult ones are actually ok at the front but gappy at the back- does anyone have any suggestions for where else she can look? Thanks :)

littletrotter

Visit site
Mine are in dial-fit ones, like cycle helmets, £20 from decathlon, in current code, and correct code for the new year too. The same hat size fits my 2yo, 5yo and 9yo's. They're called Daisy something i think. Google will probably find them. They're not elegant enough for the show ring but they're fine for general riding.

littletrotter

Visit site
Yes! Ours are shiny black and come with stickers (!!) you can adorn them with. I wasn't expecting much as they were so cheap, but actually they've been really good. The youngest isn't too bothered and will stick with hers as needed, the eldest is keen and wants a velvet cap for her birthday (April). We shall see....

Count Oggy

Visit site
My neice has one of these, they have the same dial system as the ones described above but are velvet so a little smarter so good for an older child

http://www.justtogshelmets.co.uk/products/product.php?pid=46

Last edited: