Riding hats & showing

Baluga

Visit site
What riding hats do you showing peeps use? I'm looking to buy one solely for showing.
Thanks in advance :)

cob&onion

Visit site
I tried the charles owen but didnt like the shape!! made my head look HUGE :eek:
I went with the caldene velvet hat with a flesh colored leather chinstrap

jnb

Visit site
I have the CO Fiona and the H2000.
The H2000 passes all the relevant safety ISO thingies, the Fiona is also safety approved but not such a high level, and is the more elegant of the two.

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
I have the co Fiona. In all my classes I do no one else seems to wear a hat or they wear like a bonnet type. I wear a hat as my horse is pretty unpredictable.

Shay

Visit site
If you want a hat specifically for showing and nothing else then hats meeting the top spec for XC are not really going to be of much use.

You want something with a very traditional line; like a Patey if you can afford one. But of that profile if not. Velvet covered, black, navy or brown to suit your show kit and specific showing class. Fixed peak, shaped low over the neck (assuming that is an attractive shape for your head!) flesh coloured strap. Have a look at the showing reports in H&H and see what sort of hats they wear.

XC skulls and SJ specific hats look very different and will not assist in higher level showing classes. That is not to say the hat should not be safe - of course it should. But the cosmetic appearence is very different.

xloopylozzax

Visit site
I have the CO showjumper xp and the Fiona.
The Fiona is beautiful, but obviously doesn't feel as safe. It's a posing hat IMO I wouldn't wear it hunting or jumping I don't think. Mainly cos I wouldn't want to scuff it or get it dirty!

starryeyed

Visit site
I have a caldene - I tried Charles Owen but it didn't fit as nicely, the caldene looks really smart on. It meets one safety standard but I realise there are safer hats around, so I wouldn't wear it for general use / jumping.