Riding holidays?

mistymoo

Visit site
We are looking to go on a riding holiday soon but as none of us have transport we won't be taking our own horses plus a couple of people will be coming that don't own so....

has anyone had experience of a good place?? we were thinking scotland or north england or wales.

my OH has this idea that we can ride from one place to another rather than staying in the same place

I've looked on the internet but it's quite difficult to know how good it would be, i booked trekking in wales last weekend and the website looked good, horses looked well etc... got there and it was a slightly different story!!!

Can anybody help??? Thank you!

KrujaaLass

Visit site
Try www.ridesscotland.com Tel lorna 01586 552437.Went there about 3 years ago. its on the Mull of kintyre. had a fantastic week good horses. Marvellous food. Not really for the faint hearted as we went up mountainsd and got caught in swamp when we went a new route. Ride the horses to new destination each day and you are picked up taken back to farmhouse and join your horses next morning after hearty breakfast. Beautiful scenery and wonderful beaches. Use of car to explore. Wonderful journey to Campbeltown from glasgow airport.

Bess

Visit site
A few years ago I went on a riding holiday where you ride in a group through the Highlands of Scotland going from east to west. Very little on road riding, horses were lovely and the scenery was fantastic. You stay at different hotels and b&b's every night. The website is www.highlandhorseback.co.uk I had a quick look and its still the same very nice couple who are running the holidays.

SSM

Visit site
Contact the BHS, they have someone who works solely on promoting equine tourism in Scotland and they should be able to help you.