Riding holidays?

moodymare1987

Visit site
Can anyone recommend any good ones, the area isnt an issue really.
Me and a friend are wanting to take our horses away with us for a a week or so, for a change of scenery and to have some experience doing different things.

And anyone that has been have you enjoyed it?

dressager

Visit site
What did you want to do exactly? I only know about places that do schooling and lesson type stuff, but if you were after good hacking I don't know.

moodymare1987

Visit site
No I dont want to do one with hacking, I want to do the lesson type holidays
laugh.gif

dressager

Visit site
If its dressage you're after Oldencraig do breaks for people with their own horse. You could have a lesson a day on your own horse, then maybe another lesson or two on a Grand Prix schoolmaster. There are shows every week too.

Otherwise, I have heard Yorkshire Riding Centre is good (accomodation and food sound lovely!)

merlinsquest

Visit site
Well...... I am on the penultimate day of my much awaited riding holiday!!!

I wanted... along with Piebaldsparkle to have a nice relaxing hacking holiday.... but so far it has turned out to be very instructional.....

We have so far been educated in the areas of..... staying on whilst slewing sideways down a 10 in 1 incline..... (towards the pub I may mention) at about 40 mph...

Bog dodging...... that one was rather unsucessful!!!

Sheep rustling and wild pony herding!!!

The art of riding and breathing at the same time while riding in horizontal driving rain...... you know, the type of rain that can actually go UP your nose!!!!!

Skiing...... down the tarmac, on your arse..... coz your horse cant bear to be left behind
smile.gif
Or be able to cope with one or two pheasants popping out of the hedge (every three feet or so)

The art of survival...... living in a leaky lorry on the side of an equivalent incline to Ben Nevis....

Can I say that Exmoor really is the place to be.......... .If you like being wet!!!

Oh and Ravenwood can actually cook...... and says that you can pop in anytime for a holiday!!! (But really.... I wouldnt)

VRIN

Visit site
Nigel Taylor at aston le walls. It was fantastic... I left inspired and as a direct result of my experience there have completed several Be INTROS!!

Zaffy

Visit site
We've been to 'Spirit of Exmoor' many times.

Great horses, riding, people and food. Highly reccommended. PM me if you would like any more details.

Z