Riding hols in Andalucia with lessons on Andalucians.

showqa

Visit site
Hi there - any of you been on a holiday to Andalusia, riding Spanish holidays, with a combination of treks and lessons?

Some friends and I are planning one next year and would love some recommendations.

Thanks all.

iconique

Visit site
Portugal again, about 45mins from Lisbon
We've done this place a couple of times, you can either go and learn with Francisco or With Sylvia Loch (we haven't done the Sylvia course)
Quintadoarchino.net
Fantastic experience, would go again if I could afford it, unfortunatley he also sells horses so I'm currently banned!

jinglejoys

Visit site
O.K.Bare with me on this one....a few weeks ago I was o a reptile forum looking through its "oher Pets" section and for some unknown reason read an "Andalusian Holiday"thread,mainly because thats where Malaga and Picasso came from and some photo's of the saddles had caught my eye.As the thread developed I suddenly realised that the Cob the Girl had ridden on the one day was the one that the agent who sent me my mules had sadly had to sell a few weeks before as he was no longer able to ride since injuring his leg in a carriage accident
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/other-pets-exotics/584030-andalusia-holiday-horses.html
If you read the thread you will discover more about it and see her lovely pictures.She went with Unicorn Trails and gives the link on Page 3

JenTaz

Visit site
you could try Fransico, he is good, my yard owner went on holiday to his last year and he came over and done a week of lessons or Pedro Neaves is also good, i have a lesson with him tomorrow night but then he is in portugal, he's over for two days training clinic :D

showqa

Visit site
Thanks for all of that guys - some interesting stuff there to research.

Why PRE's - well partly because I own one and my friends have fallen for him, but also because there is a certain romance about riding the horse indigenous to the area in which you're riding. I'd also love to ride Arabians in Wadi Rum. Interested in the Luso idea though, especially if you could take tuition with Sylvia Loch. Thanks!

MissChaos

Visit site
Los Alamos Train & Ride weeks are exactly what you sound like you're asking for! Bookable directly or through In the Saddle at http://www.inthesaddle.com/RideDetails.aspx?rid=579. Went this year and there were ladies there who were back for the sixth time! We had such a brilliant week that I'm going back next year and we've booked out a week just for our club. Everyone v excited. Fab horses, fab hospitality, fab setting... do it. Incidentally, the dressage trainer is the brother of a Doma Vaquera national champion and one of the stallions was very appropriately named The Seductor! Good value, too.

When do I get put on commission?!