Riding Horse Classes

Equibeau

Visit site
A couple of days ago while having a lesson with Pammy Hutton, she said I should show my horse. Having always dabbled in dressage, this is new to me and was wondering what the turnout, bit etc would be. All advice appreciated , thanks , oh and Ps Do you have to gallop eeek

Oaksflight

Visit site
You do have to show extension in canter or gallop, but they tend to only do so depending to the age of the horse (if it's younger they don't tend to ask you to do so). You go round as a group, walk, trot, canter. Then do your individual show, which should show all gaits and rein back. Bit should really be snaffle, turn out just ordinary tack, plaits and pulled tail, or plaited tail if lower levels, and quarter marks. As for you, coloured shirt and tie.

lillie07

Visit site
Riding Horse should be ridden in a double with a coloured browband and gallop should be shown (some smaller you dont) UNLESS you enter a novice class where you can ride in a snaffle and dont really have to gallop. Judges also ride in Riding Horse. Tack should ideally be brown (at local level it doesnt really matter), horse should have plaited mane and pulled tail (or plaited at local level) and quarter markings. No numnah.

Equibeau

Visit site
Oh that is interesting, judges riding! That will be a new one!! hmmm I wonder if I can get away with saying he is a 4 year old? (actually 13) lol. Also, anyone any tips for hiding a scar (something black? do they really use boot polish?) sorry to sound such a div!

lillie07

Visit site
Loads of companys do black stuff to cover scars and marks but the best I have found is Supreme Products one. Boot polist also works a treat but you do need to wash it off as soon as you get home. Supremes Highlighter Gloss and there Leg and Body whitener are also very good. Just remember not to put any products where a judge might touch!!
wink.gif

Equibeau

Visit site
Okay, thanks. Luckily, he has no white on him apart from a tiny star, so wont be needing the whitener, and will test with boot polish first. I'll only be doing riding club (to start with!)

Oaksflight

Visit site
Judges riding never goes down well with mine, he's a hard horse to ride into an outline, judge got on mine in ridden hunters at local annual show (happened to be my instructors son!
blush.gif
) and couldn't get him going nicely at all!
crazy.gif
Needless to say we didn't do too well.