Riding in a Dressage Saddle - help please

McFluff

Visit site
I would definitely try a flatter seat.
I had a shallow seat (it was an ideal jessica that had been made to measure with a flatter tree and flatter seat) and it was one of those saddles that most people could sit in and feel comfy. Sadly didn't fit my boy when I got him.
I now have a much deeper saddle - I'm 5'4" and it was fitted to me (and my horse!). I find it comfy (really don't think about it when I'm riding). My friend recently sat in it, she's very slim (size 8) and about 5'8" and very experienced. Even though the saddle is 17.5", she found that it kept hitting her - just totally the wrong shape (yet she was fine in my previous saddle). She said she thought it stopped her sitting properly on her bum and in proper alignment.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I would argue that all the above are at least in part caused by the saddle. If it was in balance and not low in front (IMO) that would help, you may need a different saddle entirely, a flatter seat may or may not help, there are too many factors involved in suiting a saddle to a rider to say whether a given flatter seat would work. And there are flat seats and flat seats, trust me.