Riding in the fog ....

colleenmurtagh1

Visit site
Just plain silly ??
confused.gif

Was heading off to the doctors this morning around 11am , was very foggy , could just about see the car infront of me.
Just about , and I mean just about . Out of nowhere came 2 horse riders , one wearing a hi-viz vest and the other wearing nothing, one dark bay and one grey horse.

One of them looked very young (horse)(wasnt very well behaved, just inexperience i suspect, as I more or less had to swerve bearing in mind I just seen them at the last minute .

Would you and do ride out in fog ???
I just think its suicide
confused.gif
confused.gif
crazy.gif

This was on a main road also , not that I wouldnt ride on a main road but in heavy fog ?
smirk.gif

colleenmurtagh1

Visit site
I dreaded driving to the doctors this morning , and to ride in fog is well like i said suicide , how stupid can you get ?

Anyways thats my rant for this month !
tongue.gif

And on next months rant you will just have to watch this space
tongue.gif

OWLIE185

Visit site
Irresponsible owners as it is the horses that will be the ones that get injured. How can people be so irresponsible as they are not only putting their horses at risk but also other motorists.

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
I have to say that I ride in the dark before work - gets light as I'm 1/4 of the way round but I only have to cross the road to get to the farm opposite where we have 2,000 acres to ride across. Thankfully you can see and hear whether cars are coming up to 1/2 mile away so can cross safely.

I would never ride on the road in the fog nor the dark - its asking for trouble even if you are wearing hi vis clothing.

S_N

Visit site
Only times I have been out riding in the fog, has been when it has suddenly descended - generally when out on the moor!