Riding in the rain.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Our dressage trainer was teaching here this afternoon and endured three hours of solid downpour..First her ponytail turned to a rats tail, then her jods changed colour, then eventually she took shelter in the car long enough to roll a dry cigarette.. She then went back into the arena.
We kept her supplied with hot coffee and provided a bush hat, but poor woman was drenched. The riders were too, but they only suffered an hour at a time, she was still going strong after three.
I recall those wet days so well, and sat smugly in the car watching the lessons, glad I no longer teach!
I think we may be building a judges hut..

Irishcobs

Visit site
Thats the problem with working with horses, you can't just pop an umbrella up! And it wasn't that warm today either, I hope she doesn't catch a cold.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
She must be a pretty dedicated trainer to endure that!! Good for you keeping her supplied with tea and coffee, I bet she appreciated it HH!
grin.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
She's amazing.. drove off home to pack her box for tomorrow, she is off to compete at the Regionals then Fry's dressage all week.
Every person on those lessons was smiling despite their discomfort, they forgot the weather and enjoyed riding.
Yesterday she was at the Area PC dressage comp and teams she trained won the Intermediate and Advanced classes, and came second in the Novice..
I just wish we had discovered her years ago...

Enfys

Visit site
That's a good instructor for you!

My daughter sometimes goes for lessons at her Instructors yard, this Lady has a Judges Hut at one end with a clear roof so it is lovely and light, she has what is affectionately known as "Her Throne" (a high bench) at the front so that she can sit up there in comfort and stay dry, she also has a speaker phone thingy so that her pupils can hear her wherever they are in the school without her having to shout. Brilliant set up.