Riding lessons in the south east?

zoon

Visit site
A few months ago I sold my horse as I was having a baby. Have ended up resenting my son a little for having to give up my beloved horse, but it had to be done as I'd have had no time for both!

My son is now a month old and after losing my brother in Afghanistan at 6 months pregnant, having a traumatic delivery with a severe tear and a baby who took 8 mins to start breathing properly, I now have post natal depression! Think I've had enough bad luck to last a life time!

So once I have healed properly, everyone has suggested I ride again to give me a boost. So thinking of just taking the odd riding lesson or possibly looking for a share until I'm ready to buy again.

Can anyone recommend anywhere to go or know anyone who needs their horses exercising? I don't know or many riding schools in Kent and the ones I do know of aren't great. Don't mind travelling a little for somewhere good.

spike123

Visit site
I'm not sure what side of Maidstone you are but Rooting street farm is supposedly very good and cater for all standards of rider. They are based at Little Chart near Charing.

VioletStripe

Visit site
Try the Frogpool classifieds, as said! Also there are quite a few yards around Bexley and Chelsfield. I ride in Bexley, at Mount Mascal which I personally love! It would be a little bit of a drive from Maidstone, but I come from London every week, and I think it's worth it! :) xx

Sal_E

Visit site
Hiya. Callum Park in Lower Halstow in nice - good facilities (2 outdoor schools, 1 indoor, no mud!), very friendly & nice variety of horses. You're not going to get a great dressage schoolmaster or anything advanced, but at a more basic level, I can't really fault them.

HollyB66

Visit site
A second vote for the Horse shoes at Dean Street. They taught both me and my daughter to ride and have great horses and ponies. The instructors are all great too!!