Riding Lessons

Sparklet

Visit site
SmokieJoe - I have been riding for 14 years (10 as an owner) and throughout that time I have never been able to get on from the ground (even the smaller cob types in the early days).

My current horse is 16.3 and I really havent a hope of getting on her - I need a good mounting block.

Please dont loose heart - find another riding school.

SmokieJoe

Visit site
Thanks guys, i am getting myself all depressed about this! I was enjoying the trotting without stirrups, etc. However with a sore back I couldnt do the around the world cause i couldnt get my leg over the horses neck!

Thing is, i had the lesson late on friday night, then on saturday she calls and says that she doesnt think i should come back, why be so cowardly! Why couldnt she say that on friday night!

She said that she doesnt want me back cause i cant mount from the ground, but fgs it was my 4th - 5th lesson!!!

I called the yard owner yesterday, she was very rude, she said that i am too fat to ride (ok im 14 stone, but because of a medical reason, but i ride the shire x horse whose took a lot lot heavier than me), then she said that im a worthless rider who would spend more time coming off the horse than being on it. She said she wasnt going to risk a nervous rider and that her problem with me was dismounting! She said i need someone to help me down which is bull.

Have since found out that this instructor has no BHS exams only the PTT (hope thats right) and that all the horses are being fed bute, so how the heck is it still a BHS approved yard?

Before she hung up on me she said "If I can give you one piece of advise, dont EVER get back on a horse".

I was in a very bad way last night after this, i just want to go sit in a corner and stay there! Then i keep thinking, well this woman has owned this yard for years, and she is telling me not to ride, maybe she is right!

Im so sorry to burden you all, i just feel so fragile now

the watcher

Visit site
What an unbelievably rude and nasty thing to do. Whereabouts are you, between us we will know a yard that is a bit more sympathetic..you can't give up, you haven't started doing the fun stuff yet!

Rambo

Visit site
Report the yard to the BHS....let them take any action necessary....and NEVER go near the place again ! Sounds like an absolute cowboy outfit if you ask me
shocked.gif
You're better off out of there...

Now the task of finding an alternative yard
smile.gif

SmokieJoe

Visit site
Thank you everyone, im just so gutted, i will admit that im a nervous rider, but that was the reason i was going there! I actually was talking to an ex instructor who used to work there, he said he left cause the current instructor would try and hit on him, when he refused her advancements, she would go mental and hit him etc.

Also he left cause they started to give the horses bute and he was very much against them working.

Im in limavady in northern ireland

emma69

Visit site
There seem to be a couple of schools in that area you could try, I assume one of the ones I am looking at is the one in question tho!

emma69

Visit site
Faughanvale Stables, 9 Dunlade Road, Greysteel, Northern Ireland. BT47 3EF Tel: 02871 811843 www.faughanvalestables.com Key: A1/B/C/D

Dunbrock Stables/Equestrian, 31 Loughermore Road, Ballykelly, Limavady, Northern Ireland. BT49 8HY Tel: 07736 547377 email: dunbrockequestrian@hotmail.com Key: A2/C/D

Old Orchard Stables, 75 Blackwatertown Road, Dungannon, Northern Ireland. BT71 7LR Tel: 07752 294835 Email: orlaith.o'hagan@btinternet.com Key: A2/C/D

Nuttymanxmare

Visit site
God Id definatly report them sill bi*tches
mad.gif
mad.gif

I cant mount from the ground and am quite nervous however im lucky as im having lessons at a private yard.

Ive never been put down like that in my life with any of my instructors though!!!

Im suprised they have any clients left
shocked.gif

Sparklet

Visit site
How disgusting
mad.gif
- you should ignore these stupid ignorant people, I'm astonished that they are still in business.

Find yourself another reputable riding school and let us know how you get on.

emma69

Visit site
Oh - It seems like those 3 are the only ones in your area that are BHS approved - maybe the other yard is telling porkie pies? Well there are 3 close to you that you can try, and leave the other one well alone!

ArleyMoss

www.arleyridingschool.co.uk
You got me thinking last night about what you should do, I don't know how riding school open over there, but we need a license from the council.

Every year a vet has to come and check us and the horses out, if any of my horses were on bute then I could loose my license to teach.