Riding School in SW London

gsma_428

New User
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I know this has been asked been asked one million times but... I recently moved down from Glasgow and I'm looking for somewhere to ride in SW London. I would be looking to take part in adult lessons during the week (evenings) or on the weekend for around £40.

Any suggestions welcome :)

Thanks x

Shay

Visit site
Where about's are you? Are you dependent on public transport or would you be happy to drive?

Lets see if I can get your started...

Wimbledon Village Stables. Stag Lodge in Richmond park. Kingston Riding Center. If you can drive out Chessington Equestrian off the A3. Silvermere a bit further off the A3.

Riding is quite expensive around here unfortunately.

Last edited:

gsma_428

New User
Visit site
Where about's are you? Are you dependent on public transport or would you be happy to drive?

Lets see if I can get your started...

Wimbledon Village Stables. Stag Lodge in Richmond park. Kingston Riding Center. If you can drive out Chessington Equestrian off the A3. Silvermere a bit further off the A3.

Riding is quite expensive around here unfortunately.

Thanks for the response! I should also note that I work in Brixton so happy to travel from there as well if riding during weeknights.

Muddy unicorn

Visit site
There’s also Deen City Farm in Colliers Wood and Dulwich Riding School on the South Circular next to Dulwich Park. Wimbledon Village don’t have a school onsite - all their lessons involve hacking to the arena on Wimbledon Common so there won’t be any after-work lessons in the winter but they do have simulator lessons as well.

Lillian_paddington

Visit site
I started riding at deen city farm - very sweet horses but depending on your experience you might want something a bit more challenging. Have also ridden at dulwich, stag lodge, Chessington - out of those, dulwich is the cheapest and has some gorgeous horses, it’s mainly dressage but they do have jumps as well. Stag lodge 2 has huge arenas and good facilities but is quite pricy - 60-70 for a private lesson I think? Chessington was a bit cheaper than stag last time I went (although it was a while ago) and again, lovely arenas and some very pretty horses. It would really depend on what you wanted to do - for jumping I’d go to Chessington or stag, but for dressage or group lessons during the week I’d suggest deen city or dulwich. Hope that helps!

Surbie

Visit site
Kingston has to be closing soon I assume - they sold the stables for development and will move over to my previous DIY livery yard (now closed) in Chessington which they also own. Not sure how soon that will happen or when the new incarnation will open.