Riding school lessons or riding lessons?

Eesha_cole

New User
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I was wondering is it better (learning and price wise) to have lessons at a riding school and get a part loan/share horse or is it better to find a part loan horses and have lesson with a private instructor?

Thank you in advance 😆

poiuytrewq

Visit site
A RS has to be cheaper?

Ive no idea what a riding school private lesson costs but at a guess £40/50.
I pay £40 for a lesson plus diesel to get him there which I think is about £10 a time, then there’s the cost of the horse on top. If you had a part loan or share there would be expenses involved outside of lessons

Skib

sites.google.com
Lessons at a riding school are the best way to start for all sorts of reasons.
RSs have easy horses and ponies for complete beginners but as you progress you can move to other horses. People learning to ride need experience on a variety of horses.
RSs also have staff trained to teach and in particular to teach beginners on the lunge to improve your balance and seat, and therefore your overall future safety.
At an RS you can take stable management lessons and learn how to groom a horse, tack it up and pick out its feet.
Once you have your basic rider education sorted, you can then gradually decide what sort of riding you want to do. Dressage, jumping, eventing, hacking and find the right horse or share horse for that activity.