Riding School - Manor Farm

Spit That Out

Visit site
Hi

Does anyone know if Manor Farm Riding School in Sudbrough (nr Barton Seagrave, Brigstock, Corby) Northants is still open?

I used to ride there as a child until I moved to Cheshire but my friends little girl wants to start riding lessons but not being in the area anymore I don't know if it's still going?

Thanks

CatStew

Visit site
Hi,

I don't think it's a riding school any more, just a livery yard.

The nearest one to that would be Harringworth Manor Stables in Harringworth near Corby, but it's not the best! Depending on where your friend lives, I'd reccommend Foxhill Farm riding school in Holcot near Northampton.

Tilda

Visit site
There are no horses there any more sadly. We have 2 of the retired horses at our yard they are 27 and 24 now!

Spit That Out

Visit site
Thanks guys...it's a shame as it was a really nice yard with lovely horses.

Who do you have Tilda?

I'll let her know about Foxhill Farm...she went to Harringworth and she didn't like it, they only had one pony to ride and they mainly offered hacks and not lessons :(

CatStew

Visit site
Doesn't surprise me tbh, the old lady who runs it passed her peak a long time ago :( the hacking round there is lovely though! Where does your friend live? Can think of a few round the Northampton area.

Shazbat

Visit site
Both of my daughters rode at Manor Farm when they were little - two ponies I remember were Smokey and Joey.
Glebe Farm at Higham Ferrers is a very good school. Instructess is very good - she taught both my girls at Pony Club.

Spit That Out

Visit site
I rode there about 20 years ago!!!! I remember Gulliver, Laddy, Echo and a big palomino...Charlie I think his name was??
It was a lovely place, I had an instructor called Amanda, but the owner was as mad as a box of frogs ;)
It's a shame it's not going anymore.
Thanks for your help guys :)

bex11

Visit site
I have just taken over a former riding school, we are currently going through all the necessary council applications for a licence. Have pm'd

Tilda

Visit site
Spit that out we have Tonic and Icarus they were taken on by a lady called Janice who rode there for years and another lady called Anne who rode there even longer helps her out with them :)

tonicsmum

Visit site
Hi Spit that out! I'm Janice and I have Tonic and Icarus from Manor Yard in Sudborough. Tonic went there in 1999 and Icarus was before that. They are 28 and 24 now. Tonic is retired and Icarus just does a very little light hacking as he has arthritis and a heart murmur. Amanda has recently moved to Yorkshire.
Thelma is also at a yard nearby and Connie (haflinger) sadly died suddenly in the field a couple of years ago. Peggoty retired to Brigstock when the riding school closed and I drove past her field everyday but she is gone now so I suspect she too has been put down. She was well over 30. Delilah also is no longer with us