Riding school recommendations Northampton / Milton Keynes

EarsofaSnowman

Visit site
Hi, I'm new to group but a long time lurker! I may be jumping the gun but i think it likely I'll be looking for a new riding school soon. I'm an older rider, looking to improve my confidence and ability in jumping (only little jumps). I like private lessons, and can have confidence issues so the right style of instructor is key for me - someone who can encourage and push me, but not shouty or belittling, so looking for recommendations. And any to avoid! Appreciate instructor style is a very personal preference so happy to take pms if you'd rather not share views publicly.

ruth83

Visit site
Brampton Stables. I'm not sure whether Sally still coaches there but she would suit well. Have a chat with them and see which instructors would and would not work for you (I am a little out of date!) as some would not suit but they have a range.

Trouper

Visit site
Another vote for Brampton Stables. Have used 3 of their instructors a couple of years ago (so don't know if they are still current) but found - as an older rider - nothing but courtesy and certainly not "shouty or belittling".

bubblensqueak

Visit site
plum park is really good! would avoid silverstone riding school, very little selection of bigger horses, or anything over 13.2, for that matter, and, group lessons highly consist of 'games' rather than learning, even in an advanced lesson. and nearly all the horses are very very lazy, and mainly cobs, which are ok to learn on, but not really to jump, or progress. so a vote for plumpark riding school. and avoiding silverstone.