Riding Schools in the New Forest - recommendations please

Kezzabell2

Visit site
Hello

Its my best friends birthday next month and her husband asked me about arranging a hack for her as a nice surprise. Ideally he wanted her to come out with me and my boy but I don't know anyone that has a horse that's suitable, also the hacking in my area isn't great.

So I suggested finding a nice part of the New Forest or a riding school by the beach, as I'm sure she'd enjoy that more than trotting around the roads where we live!

So if anyone knows of any decent riding schools in the New Forest, preferably one that still allows cantering, please can you let me know their names, so I can help him organise something special for her!

Kat_Bath

Visit site
It's not the New Forest but it's close. Studland Stables do beach rides and they're great but the Old Harry Rocks ride is even better - lots of cantering up lovely grassy stretches in beautiful countryside. They've changed ownership recently but with any luck, it will still be as good as it always was. You'll have fun wherever you go - it's a lovely area to ride in :)

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
My daughters and I had a lovely hack from Bagnum Equestrian Centre last summer. Really lovely owner and staff. It was a good base to hack from, too, straight out onto the Forest. We went out as a 3 with one guide and cantered plenty.

turnbuckle

Visit site
My experience is a LONG way back, but the country around Arniss isn't the best bit of the NF by a very long chalk. Would go with Studland - the Old Harry I know nowt about but it sounds ace!

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
I had a nice ride at a riding school in Brockenhurst a few years ago - will see if I can dig out details. Brockenhurst is lovely.
If you want to make it a doubly nice surprise, there's a spa at one of the hotels there where you can get a really good massage.