Riding schools North East

Neighneighneigh

New User
Visit site
Hello

New here on the forum, and am interested in starting riding again after a 20 year break. Learned to ride when I was a child and been bitten by the horse bug again. Did walk trot canter and jump, until I had an accident and then stopped. Could anyone recommend good riding schools in the North East area- I am located near ncl airport but happy to travel to the right school for me. Are there any that are geared towards adult lessons as opposed to children’s?

Thank you!

teacups

Visit site
Unfortunately I can't help, but welcome to the forum!
I restarted as an adult - not stopped since :)
Hopefully someone else will be able to contribute.

calder

Visit site
I'm also an adult restarter, now down south (Oxfordshire), but I had lessons at South Causey a long time ago - even more than your 20 years, with the Newcastle University Riding Club.

It's the other side of Newcastle from you, though, but maybe worth putting on your list - apart from anything else, they have an indoor.

C24

Visit site
I’ve taken my daughter up to Tilery Equestrian in Ponteland for lessons. They definitely do Private adult lessons, not sure if that extends to adult-only group lessons. Worth giving them a ring. You might struggle to get through, I find just ringing a few times through out the day seems to work. Just have to catch someone in the office!