Riding/ trekking trips

Pipps

Visit site
I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for places that do riding/ trekking trips suitable for a novice but confident rider.
I fancy a little break away and as I'd be on my own I'd love to fill the time with riding, ideally through some lovely scenic areas.
I'd be happy to travel pretty much anywhere for somewhere that's worth it.
I know there's plenty of info on Google but would love to hear some personal recommendations please.

norolim

Visit site
Second for Freerein in Wales. I went by myself in August and loved it. The other people on the trail were also solo and horses were a great common interest so it didn't feel awkward. Lovely, safe but forward ponies, great guides and scenery. Can't wait to go again next year. Would highly recommend ?

PurBee

Visit site
I was going to mention this a while back, so your thread has reminded me ?

How about 21 days trekking through the Gobi Desert, and north/central Mongolia, visit to a tribe and ancient sites surrounded by jaw-dropping scenery for 1300 dollars?

??

I stumbled on this site doing research about the Gobi dessert and they do all kinds of trekking tours.
Im sooo keen to go one day!
Everything included in price except flights. The guides , from their numerous testimonials, sound very good and very accommodating, being wonderful cooks catering to all diets too. There’s the option of even riding the super cute looking hairy gobi camels! They’ll tailor-make a tour for you.

They do various tours from 3 days for 200 dollars to 21 day treks.
Check them out!:

https://www.magnificent-mongolia.com/horseridingtour

Pipps

Visit site
Second for Freerein in Wales. I went by myself in August and loved it. The other people on the trail were also solo and horses were a great common interest so it didn't feel awkward. Lovely, safe but forward ponies, great guides and scenery. Can't wait to go again next year. Would highly recommend ?
That's great to know, can be a little nerve-wracking at first going on your own.

SEL

Visit site
I think FreeRein close in the winter. But I agree that it is a good place to go.

In the Saddle are very good for foreign holidays.

Agree with both of these. Went to free rein with a very nervous friend some years ago and they are extremely good at horsing you up so you have fun, but are safe.

Have ridden in many exotic locations via In the Saddle, but I tended to go for the experienced, fast trips. Very professional operator.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
we did free rein (mum me and sister) for the first time this year on the back of others recommendations, and we did nearly get sis to take her ride home ;) - she can be nervous, especially about cantering in open spaces after an accident and was superbly mounted (and once we'd got the first canter out the way was fine!)
I had a fabulous time on a turbo cob and my mum got a sassy mare (she owned a sassy mare). They do some shorter stuff in the winter but most of the horses go to the local college.

Becc

Visit site
Oh, and be careful - 2 people I have ridden with there ended up buying the ponies they rode ???
I mean that's taking bringing home a souvenir to a new level but I love it ?
Oh yes, that happened to me too ?. I bought a lovely Welsh D X from Freerein having ridden there for several years. I can definitely recommend them for a riding holiday. The horses are great and the trails are just fantastic. But be warned, it’s very addictive ?.

Pipps

Visit site
Thanks everyone, these are sounding great! I'll get looking and think I better save up extra then in case I'm tempted by the souvenirs ?

Cloball

Visit site
A friend recommends Highlands Unbridled she went recently with a novice friend. I follow them on insta and the scenery makes me miss Scotland so much looks stunning.
I loved Mongolia but the riding was not for the faint hearted ?

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
What do you mean by by confident but novice?

Some of the riding trips I’ve been on confidence wouldn’t be enough to cope with the level of riding required especially if you’re only used to riding school horses and in unchallenging terrain. Although most places are pretty good at assessing ability pretty quickly.

Coincidentally my sister regularly rides at Tynings as it’s her local and she loves it. Trans-wales is also great I did the Hay-triangle last year and it was fast and furious in places. I’ve also done Iceland lanmannalauger Tour was awesome riding with a herd but definitely challenging at times. Be honest about your ability and you’ll have an awesome time.

JackFrost

Visit site
A friend recommends Highlands Unbridled she went recently with a novice friend. I follow them on insta and the scenery makes me miss Scotland so much looks stunning.
I loved Mongolia but the riding was not for the faint hearted ?
I loved Highlands Unbridled when I went a few years back. They had some very nice well mannered horses, and the scenery is unbeatable. I preferred it to Free Rein.

sportsmansB

Visit site
I've been on a lot of riding holidays all over the world and I would recommend Zara's planet to find you the one which suits you best.
Be very honest about your riding capability both with them for booking the right one and when you get there
Everyone's definition of 'novice' is different.
I go on my own and have always had a fantastic time. I'm actually off to Jordan on Saturday to gallop about like Lawrence of Arabia :)