Riding with a hip piercing

Silent Knight

Visit site
I train horsecare and ridng diplomas and peircings of any form are not to worn whilst riding or working with horses.

BHS guidelines state that piercings and jewelrey should be removed. Insurance can be comprimised if piercings are not removed even those that are not visible.

She would not be training on my yard wearing one.

Kokopelli

Visit site
Don't whatever you do let her get it infected. I've gone through hell with my belly piercing and now have a beefy sized abscess and once I'm allowed to take it out will have a nasty scar.

Mince Pie

Visit site
Just a quick, every single piercing I have had has got infected despite being religious about cleaning it!
I'd just breathe and accept that she has done it, the more you come down on her the more she will rebel!

Mince Pie

Visit site
body-piercing.jpg

I actually think that that is quite sexy, although personally I'd do it on my back with smaller rings.

I have 4 dermals in my hip.
165585_1869056126432_1241963108_32250782_3872363_n.jpg

That's really pretty, hmmm may have to look further into those, were they expensive and how were they done?

acrossthevalley

Visit site
I would be really interested to hear any cases of this? I didn't think it was possible? do you have any links to articles or anything?

I recieved the info on equine specific first aid courses. If a rider has breathing problems with no visible obstructions, do not rule out the possibility of a punctured lung due to a body piercing.

ngrace

Visit site
Hollie all surface piercings will grow out eventually, however mine has lasted very well, i look after it as it still needs cleaning now and again, but i also have a flesh tunnel which i clean every day anyway, so i think if you have good management then it will last longer.

Oh dear, I only clean mine about once a month, if that!:S And my surface piercing was a plastic bent bar, apparently they are much better than metal bent or straight bars for healing. Obviously mine didnt heal that well though, but I think that was my fault.