Riding with radio/music

ngrace

Visit site
Does anyone? (Out loud)

Just interested, a few people at the yard do. I dont think I could school with music, I need to focus!

Also, apparently horses can hear much much better than we can, so surely it would upset them?

lizlow

Visit site
I often ride with music or the radio on, I'm not overly keen on school but of course know it is vital so get on with the job but find it much easier to go for longer and some how feel I'm more keen with some music. I also over think a lot and it seems to help :) When jumping if I can't see a stride I get frustrated and then over think it, pop on the radio and as I relax there is always a stride :)

ironhorse

Visit site
The radio is always on in our yard which adjoins the school - the horses seem to like it and it's good preparation for shows etc for the youngsters. You can just about hear it if you pass the gallery of the school, but I don't find it distracting. I wouldn't ride with an Ipod on - think it's pretty dangerous actually, especially if you're riding with others cos you are not focusing on what is going on around you.

MadBlackLab

Visit site
I dont use it when with other people. 90% the time on the yard on own and use the school on own. I only have one ear phone in at a time and its not loud i can still hear whats happening round me but with a bit of background noise. also when got IPod on i dont have to listen to the bitchiness that is going on if someone is around. I never hack out with it just for flat schooling and yard jobs

ScarlettLady

Visit site
Yep, it helps me to focus... :) but only use radio if i'm alone in the school, or ipod with 1 ear plug in if in company.

What I can't stand is seeing people hacking with earphones in!!! :mad:

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I always have my iPod on be it for riding out (I have 5 miles of farmland, don't touch a road!) or schooling. I canter laps of a field for 22 minutes solid.......I get bored sh**less without it!

Sheep

Visit site
Loads of the younger ones at my yard do. It drives me mad because they are playing it directly from their phones/ipods/whatever- the result is horrible tinny music coming from their pocket. Would annoy me if I was a horse (or so I would imagine)

TarantuLove

Visit site
I sometimes school with one earphone in if I have a lot of fittening work to do, otherwise I get quite bored! I never hack with my ipod though.